This job is no longer available
Safety Engineer (one vacancy)
This post may include long-term posting to the United Arab Emirates
In your role as safety engineer, you will typically be undertaking the following range of tasks:
- Develop Safety Management solutions to meet customer requirements;
- Develop Safety Cases to support Cyrrus projects;
- Provide a Safety Management input to Cyrrus projects and develop appropriate Safety Plans;
- Develop Safety Requirements for sub-contractors and assess sub-contractor Safety Documentation and Safety Performance;
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of Safety Management policies and procedures in Europe and the UK in particular including policy changes resulting from ICAO, EUROCONTROL and/or UK legislation;
- Project manage assigned safety projects and be responsible for the on-time delivery of the project and costs;
- Attend sites to provide on-site Safety Management support and expertise while work is being undertaken by customers or their contractors;
- Undertake any other associated Airport Air Navigation Equipment task where you are deemed to have the suitable qualifications and skill sets to provide a satisfactory result;
- Maintain relationships with clients assigned to you;
- Be the focal point for Safety Management within the assigned Cyrrus project and manage the Safety Management System, processes and procedures.
As a minimum, qualified to degree level in Engineering or related discipline.
Desirable to have:-
- a Masters or higher degree in Engineering or related discipline;
- Chartered Engineer status.
As a minimum, applicants must be able to speak and write in English to Common European Framework level C1
Desirable to have:-
- Ability to speak and write in one other European language to Common European Framework level B1.
- Ability to speak Arabic Common European Framework level B1.
The ideal Safety Engineer will also have:-
- Commitment to excellence.
- Commitment to success.
- The ability to motivate his/her team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
To apply please click on the 'Apply now' button