Senior Recruitment Consultant
Senior Recruitment Consultant – Engineering
Posted Date: 16th January 2014
- Full-time position
- Based in Strongfield’s Head-office in Wembley, London
- Competitive basic salary
- Uncapped Commission
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical scheme
A unique opportunity for an experienced recruitment consultant to join a mature, expanding contract recruitment business with 20 years of heritage operating in engineering recruitment.
Strongfield group provides specialist high-tech components, equipment, resources and training for Aerospace, Defence & Security programmes worldwide, with offices & operations in UK, Canada, India, China and the Middle-East & North Africa.
Strongfield’s Manpower division is a leading global technical recruitment business with particular expertise in supporting development programmes with major aircraft companies. Having completed a large project in Canada and China over the last 3years, we are looking to invest and significantly grow the internal recruitment team during 2014.
Our focus is on continued growth and excellence in professional technical contract recruitment in the engineering sector across aerospace, defence, industrial & electronics as well as and aviation pilots/instructors.
We require a senior recruitment consultant with proven previous experience within contract employment business within in UK & EU engineering sector.
Ideally the candidates will have experience in contract aerospace recruitment experience.
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- A drive to progress their career and develop the business
- Experience of working towards targets
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and passion to truly understand specific requirements
- Ability to communicate at a senior level and with key internal & client stakeholders.
- Self-drive to problem solve on a daily basis and able to work well under pressure
Strongfield is well established in the global aerospace sector and you will be expected to build on this reputation by development our aerospace accounts as well as new clients within the wider engineering sector including industrial and electronics engineering.
The successful candidate will be determined, driven, ambitious and competitive sales person able to building relationships over the telephone and make opportunities for themselves and their team.
You will report directly to Strongfield’s Manpower Director, supported by the recruitment, finance team and Managing Director. The successful candidate is expected to progress to team leader and quickly help bring on board and develop additional team members.
As a senior recruitment consultant you will be expected to:
- Establish a new portfolio of clients and develop your own desk
- Maximise business opportunities within our existing clients
- Undertake business development activities including targeted outbound calling & marketing
- Build strong relationships through regular client and candidate contact
- Manage and prioritise your own workload to manage both client and candidate expectations
- Recruit and maintain a database of candidates primarily for temporary contracts
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the recruitment processes recommending and implementing changes when required
Strongfield is an equal opportunities employer. To apply for this position candidates must be eligible to work in the UK on a permanent basis.