This job is no longer available
Airfield Operations Assistant
Daedalus Lee-on-the-Solent Airfield
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
To perform as a member of a team providing Air to Ground Communication Service (AGCS), Rescue and Fire-Fighting Services (RFFS) and other airfield operational support services as required by General Manager and in accordance with Civil Aviation Authority regulations.
- To carry out all duties pursuant to an AGCS radio service in accordance with CAP452, CAP670 and CAP413.
- To conduct all additional airfield operational duties including Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and runway inspections, wildlife management, fuel management and access control/site security.
- To provide all customer services in support of airfield operational requirements, including collection of fees and processing of charges associated with the airfield.
- To carry out duties to support the airfield safeguarding requirements.
- To ensure activities on the airfield are conducted safely and compliant with the Airfield Operations Manual.
- To ensure all users, tenants and visitors comply with airside safety requirements.
- To carry out all procedures connected with the Airport Fire service.
- To carry out comprehensive inspections of equipment and vehicles.
- To report any defects found that may impair the effectiveness or safety of equipment.
- To complete paperwork associated with equipment in a clear and legible manner.
- To ensure that Personal Protective Equipment is maintained in a clean and serviceable condition.
- To answer the telephone, record and pass messages accurately.
- To ensure that key skills and knowledge are updated as required.
- To assist passengers with reduced mobility on and off various types of aircraft
- To support and perform postal duties and baggage duties detailed by the management team
- To assist in the day to day operations on the aircraft apron and to perform escorting duties when required.
This is a shift working post, often with short notice airfield extensions. Personnel must be prepared to remain at work if the situation demands.
This job description outlines the duties required for the time being to indicate the level of responsibility. It is not a comprehensive or exclusive list and duties may be varied from time to time, which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility.
To apply please click on the 'Apply now' button