This job is no longer available
Body in White Engineer
Duration: Minimum 9 months
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering - Body in White Virtual Manufacturing Engineers (BIW VME) support Manufacturing Engineering and Production Operations by employing virtual manufacturing techniques to prove manufacturing feasibility, enabling robust design and manufacturing assembly prior to component manufacture. Virtual manufacturing techniques enhance the ability to improve safety, quality, delivery, cost, re-usability and the environment.
Particular emphasis will be placed on:-
- Product & Process manufacturing feasibility analysis.
- Support Process Planning (interface between process and simulation). The BIW VME team are experienced Process Designer users as well as Robcad, Fides, Teamcenter and Catia.
- Manage digital product / process analysis deliverables in alignment to Jaguar Land Rover's (JLR) product development timing plans.
- Manage Simultaneous Engineering (SE) Partner resource to meet the Virtual Manufacturing deliverables.
- Mange the Simulation and Tooling Design Plans, allocate timing and resource requirements.
- Validate SE Partner tooling and cell designs.
- Validate SE Partner tooling design and simulation as part of manufacturing buy-off - Ensure SE Partner adhere to JLR standards.
- Data Management for Body In White Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME BIW). This includes product CAD imports, Virtual equipment libraries, managing data exchange with Vendors etc.
- Software development (Key User interface with IT Methods).
- Carry out User Acceptance Testing for new software releases, capture and feedback issues/enhancement to IT and software developers.
- Buy-Off the Delivery of Supplier Tooling Design and Simulation.
- Buy-Off the Delivery of Supplier Off-Line Programs.
- Buy-Off Final Job1+90 of the facility, running at rate, meeting design cycle times etc.
- Controlling Project Documentation - ensuring Tooling Design and Simulation delivery form vendors.
- ROBCAD ESSENTIAL Process Designer, Process Simulate OR Catia V5, Fides, AutoCAD,
- Body In White manufacturing process development and tooling design
- Experience Preferred:
- Automotive design and production experience
- Education Required:
- Educated to Degree / HND level in Manufacturing Systems or a similar engineering discipline.