This job is no longer available
C/C++ Software Engineer - Wind Power - Software Development Engineer developing software in Embedded C and C++ for power converter control systems.
Experience with Control systems, Powertrain and Embedded systems would be advantageous.
Will be responsible for developing the control systems for future robust wind turbine converter systems to the highest of standards; this will cover the full development lifecycle with a real focus on R&D to improve on future product generations.
The core of the development work will be in C++ as well as additional requirements to develop for embedded systems, controls and power management.
Essential: The following skills are considered to be essential for this role:
• Experience developing software in C++
• OOA/OOD experience
• Familiarity with motor converters / low voltage equipment / motor control / power electronics
• Experience developing software for embedded systems / platforms.
Desirable Experience The following skills, while not essential, would be extremely advantageous.
• Designing software for testability
• Familiarity with software quality management systems such as source control / documentation control / bug tracking / static code analysis / code reviews
• Multiprocessor programming
• Inter-process communication
• Experience developing comparable systems and software for the Energy sector.