£Negotiable plus generous bonus, pension and flexible benefits
Thales technology makes it possible for two thirds of planes to take off and land safely. Thales also protects 80% of the world’s banking transactions and is Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics.
Beyond that our people have made London’s Jubilee and Northern Lines 20% more efficient and have delivered more than 300 air defence radars in 26 countries. We’re a leading name in our markets and a diverse,
constantly evolving organisation. Join our Bids team and you could drive business winning activity across all of it.
Delivering mission critical, technically complex bids from start to finish, your commercial acumen and ability to get things done will shape the future of our business. This role is about driving the growth of our solutions and services in emerging and mature markets whilst working with exceptional engineers on immensely interesting projects.
- Take accountability for the successful leadership of multi-million pound tenders in the defence, aerospace, transportation and security markets
- Drive bids through internal and external checks, from initial proposal through to contract award and handover
- Implement tight deadline and budget controls whilst demonstrating an unwavering focus on customer requirements and business needs
- Build and utilise credible relationships with senior management, project teams and our customers.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- A winning mentality
- A proven and demonstrable background in bid management, preferably with experience of leading export bids into global markets
- Tenacity, resilience and tact in the face of unsuccessful blocks and challenging circumstances
- A talent for influencing at all levels, working collaboratively with senior managers across multiple countries and building strong and lasting client relationships
- A confident, positive and flexible leadership style, ideally supported by well-honed technical knowledge and a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
- A genuine passion for delivering a bid that’s right for the customer together with a hunger for working on interesting projects.
To play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation click the 'Apply now' button.