This job is no longer available
B1 Licensed Aircraft Engineer
Innovators with Insight
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defence systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
As a B1 Licenced Aircraft Engineer based at our Culdrose location you will have a key role to play in working on fleet and third party aircraft which will include modifications, scheduled maintenance activities, rectification and repair and inspections.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defence systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring. Please visit www.cobham.com for more information.
As a B1 Licenced Aircraft Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- EASA Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence B1 no restrictions
- Previous experience in both line and base maintenance
- Computer literate with good technical English
- Commercial background – working to tight deadlines and budgetary requirements
- Hawker Beechcraft King Air B300 experience preferred
As a B1 Licenced Aircraft Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Undertaking line and base maintenance activities on fleet and third party aircraft, including modifications, scheduled maintenance, component changes, rectification and repair, mandatory inspection, re-configuration of cabin and IAW Company procedures
- Assuming overall responsibility for all trades engaged in work on the aircraft allocated
- Monitoring the staff under your control
- Understanding and delivering customer service whilst representing the company interests
- Working flexible hours when required
What we will be looking for in you:
This role will suit someone with an ambition to cross trade and extend licence to cover category B2 certification privileges. You should be a self-starter who looks for lateral solutions and can be trusted to work without close supervision.
There is an attractive remuneration package on offer but more importantly you will be joining a global business that actively encourages personal development and career progression.
To apply please click on the 'Apply now' button
Cobham welcomes applications from all sections of the community.