This job is no longer available
Flight Simulator Instructor
BAE Systems Hawk Synthetic Training (HST) Ltd has vacancies for experienced ex-military fast-jet pilot instructors seeking instructional duties in the synthetic environment on the Hawk TMk1 aircraft.
High quality synthetic training is delivered to MOD and overseas Customers at the Hawk Synthetic Training Facility (HSTF) at RAF Valley, Anglesey, North Wales and a high calibre professional is required to join the team.
As Flight Simulator Instructor your main responsibilities will involve:
- Delivering HAWK TMk1 Phase III and IV(advanced flying training and weapons and tactics training) Fast Jet Training to ab initio and Qualified Flying Instructor (QFI) trainees on the HAWK Simulators
- Providing currency training (emergency handling scenarios) to QFIs and staff pilots.
- Delivering detailed sortie briefs using the approved courseware.
- Conducting sortie monitoring and simulator instruction via the Instructor Operation Station (IOS).
- Conducting sortie debriefs, trainee assessment and producing post-sortie Report Forms that are supplied back to the customer via the computerized systems with a full auditable trail.
- Assist in ensuring that standardization of instruction is maintained and delivered to the customer
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of courseware, providing inputs to best practice and process change
- Advise on syllabus content and delivery of instruction.
- Assist with other tasks as directed by the management team.
- Comply with all Safety, Health and Environmental regulations and policies.
- Comply with all Company policies.
As a Flight Simulator Instructor your skills and qualification will ideally include:
Previous military experience as a fast jet pilot.
Previously held one or more of the following military instructional qualifications:
- QFI (minimum B1 Category) or Instructor Pilot.
- Instrument Rating Examiner.
- Qualified Weapons Instructor.
- Tactics Instructor.
- Flight Simulator Instructor.
- Instructor Pilot
Ideally have previous experience on the Hawk TMk1 aircraft, although not essential
Ideally have previous military experience as a fast jet Simulator Instructor, although not essential as simulator training will be given.
Ideally have previous instructional experience on BAES Hawk variants or similar.
Completion of the Defence Train the Trainer (TTT) Course or a Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS) or equivalent, or happy to undertake the training.
Computer fluency to include Microsoft Office Suite.
What we are looking for in you:
The successful candidate will have an extensive flying career, and now be looking to train future and current pilots in the synthetic environment.
You will ideally have instructed on Fast Jet, Rotary or multi-engine platforms, along with Fast Jet flying experience.
The ideal candidate would have experience of HAWK Platforms as an instructor.
The ability to communicate at all levels and conduct yourself as a role model is essential.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Military Air & Information
The Military Air & Information (MAI) business has been structured to create a focused business designed to meet the current and future requirements of our customers.
The MAI business has an unrivalled track record and expertise in the development, delivery and support of military air platforms, components and technologies through Typhoon, F-35 Lightning II, Tornado and Hawk.
MAI has the capability to provide customers with information superiority through the delivery of actionable intelligence and information, together with the provision of innovative information systems and services.
MAI recognises training as a key enabler to deliver military capability, bringing together experience in the analysis, design, build and delivery of training solutions to military customers around the world. This is a powerful combination.
Working as an integral part of the team delivering information superiority and effective air power, our aim is to give real advantage to our customers worldwide. Trusted to deliver - always.
Apply Online by clicking on the 'Apply now' button