Ground-Based Synthetic Flight Instructors & Examiners
The Emirates Group is a highly profitable business with annual revenue of approximately US$ 15.6 billion and over 50,000 employees. The Group comprises of dnata, the fourth largest combined air services provider in the world and Emirates, the Group's rapidly expanding and award winning international airline. Emirates global network now sees it flying to over 121 destinations across 6 continents, operating a modern fleet of over 170 wide-bodied aircraft. Today the airline has orders worth over US$ 84 billion for 233 more of the latest aircraft, with plans to operate to many more destinations in the months and years ahead. Essential to our continued business success as we expand will be the on-going employment of high quality people to join our multi-cultural team of over 167 nationalities.
Dubai, a tourism centre and modern cosmopolitan city with high standards of healthcare, education and leisure pursuits for residents offers those we hire one of the most desirable lifestyle locations in the world. In addition to lifestyle and tax free salary benefits, the Emirates Group also offers professional development opportunities to help employees develop new skills and grow their careers successfully. Discover your future!
The Position (Synthetic Flight Instructor / Synthetic Flight Examiner):
Due to the on on-going growth of Emirates Airline, there is a requirement for Ground Instructor/Examiner positions within Flight Training for the A330/340, A380 and B777 Fleets.
Successful applicants will join Flight Training as either a Synthetic Flight Instructors (SFI) or a Synthetic Flight Examiners (SFE) and can look forward to a fulfilling and satisfying career within Flight Training. Through professional development and annual standardization courses, you can expect to be trained and developed to ensure you meet the exacting standards required by Emirates.
Reporting to the Chief of Training (CT) within the various Fleets, the Synthetic Flight Instructor or Synthetic Flight Examiner will be responsible for conducting training and examining relevant to their training qualification as required by the GCAA and the Company.
Synthetic Flight Instructor (SFI) - Role
As a Synthetic Flight Instructor, you will be responsible for conducting approved simulator training as required by the Company.
Synthetic Flight Instructor (SFI) - Key Responsibilities
- Conducting Simulator Training;
- Conducting Instructor Training;
- Conducting Progress Reviews in the simulator when approved by the relevant CT;
- Assessing the need for additional or remedial training for any pilot;
- Recommending to the relevant CT any changes that may enhance efficiency;
- Safety or the quality of training;
- Recommending standardised procedures and teaching techniques for all Training Captains, and Flight Crew Technical Instructors to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures;
- Participating in the Pilot Recruitment process as required;
- Conducting ground school lectures as required;
- Carrying out office duties, projects, course development and other tasks as allocated by the relevant CT.
Synthetic Flight Instructor (SFI) - Qualifications & Experience
- Hold, or have held, a professional licence acceptable to the GCAA;
- A minimum of 1500 hours flying experience as a pilot on a multi-crew aircraft;
- 3 years previous instructional experience as a FCTI, SFI, Training Captain, or Type Rating Instructor/Type Rating Examiner;
- Have previously conducted flight crew training in a simulator environment;
- Preferably have completed the simulator content of the applicable type rating course at a flight training organization.
Synthetic Flight Examiner (SFE) - Role
As a Synthetic Flight Examiner, you will be responsible for conducting simulator pilot checks and validations required to comply with the GCAA and Emirates requirements.
Synthetic Flight Examiner (SFE) - Key Responsibilities
- Conducting Simulator Checks, Validations and Qualifications;
- Conducting Instructor and Examiner Training;
- Completing reports and assessments on flight crew under training or check;
- Completing reports and assessments on Instructors and Examiners under training or check;
- Completing assessments on FCTI, TRI-Aircraft Only, SFI, TRI, TRE when requested;
- Recommending additional or remedial training for any pilot;
- Recommending to the CT changes to SOP that may enhance efficiency and safety;
- Recommending to the CT changes to the training syllabi that may enhance efficiency, safety and/or the quality of training;
- Recommending standardised procedures and teaching techniques for all Training Captains, and Flight Crew Technical Instructors to ensure compliance with all Company policy and procedures;
- Conducting ground school lectures;
- Conducting Simulator Training;
- Carrying out office duties, projects, course development and other tasks as allocated by relevant CT.
Synthetic Flight Examiner (SFE) - Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to be qualified to act as Pilot-in-Command on the aircraft type;
- Minimum 1500 hours as Pilot of multi-pilot aircraft;
- Hold an ATPL(A);
- Currently or previously qualified as a Synthetic Flight Instructor, Type Rating Instructor, Synthetic Flight Examiner or Type Rating Examiner;
- Hold or have held a valid class 1 medical certificate.
Salary & Benefits: We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1="Dh3.66." Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the 'Dubai Lifestyle' section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in
To Apply: To express your interest in the above vacancy please apply on-line by clicking below, and complete our application form. We will then consider your application and contact you should we wish to shortlist you for an interview. Should you not receive an invitation for an interview within 5 weeks please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. We will retain your details for 12 months unless advised otherwise and re-consider you for future opportunities as they arise. Please also note that if you are not shortlisted you can also update your application at anytime and apply for other opportunities. Thank you for your interest in a career with the Emirates Group.