Emirates Ground Dispatcher
The Emirates Group is a highly profitable business with a turnover of approximately US$ 12 billion and over 50,000 employees. The Group comprises of Dnata, the successful Airport Ground Services and Travel Industry division, and Emirates, the Group's rapidly expanding and award winning international Airline. Emirates global network now sees it flying to over 110 destinations across 6 continents, operating a modern fleet of over 150 wide-bodied aircraft. Today the Airline has orders worth over US$ 68 billion for 200 more of the latest aircraft, with plans to operate to many more destinations in the months and years ahead. Essential to our continued business success as we expand will be the ongoing employment of high quality people to join our multi-cultural team of over 150 nationalities.
Dubai, a tourism centre and modern cosmopolitan city with high standards of healthcare, education and leisure pursuits for residents offers those we hire one of the most desirable lifestyle locations in the world. In addition to lifestyle and tax free salary benefits, the Emirates Group also offers professional development opportunities to help employees develop new skills and grow their careers successfully. Discover your future!
- As the senior Emirates dispatch representative you will co-ordinate all functions of each aircraft turnaround, driving and motivating those involved to achieve safe and punctual departures of Emirates flights whilst maximising the payload, in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Act as the primary point of contact at the aircraft for all Group stakeholders, Government departments and external agencies such as dnata, Dubai Airports, Flight Operations and Service Delivery.
- Make decisions on key operational issues such as the offload of passengers and/or baggage and cargo to ensure that the Emirates flight schedule is maintained in accordance with the published precision timing schedule (PTS). Take accountability for, and has authority to make decisions on the acceptance of last minute or delayed loads that could potentially delay flight departures. Follows the flight briefing and establishes, in consultation with the Airport Services Manager ( Hub), when a delay is acceptable operationally and commercially.
- Plan a strategy for flight departures prior to commencing any precision timing activities after seeking and interpreting a full flight briefing (e.g. en route restrictions, flight crew limitations etc) via Emirates Hub Control Centre (HCC).
- Manage the departure flight process by leading the EK and dnata teams with a "can do" attitude that inspires those around them while consistently seeking to optimise the on time performance and/or maximise the payload. Evaluates any anticipated delays to identify opportunities to further maximise payload revenue and enhance customer service.
- Maintain full contact with the Airport Services Manager ( Hub) in the HCC via the tetra radio network and/or the personal digital assistant (PDA) to allow full transparency of the critical path of the flight departure. This enables the Network Control Centre (NCC) to streamline the base station and network operations through effective tactical decision making.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available within the 'Working Here' section of this site. By viewing the 'Dubai Lifestyle' section in the site you can also consider the benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to O-level standard (or equivalent).
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Load Control and/or Advanced Load Control training (or external equivalent) is a desirable qualification.
- Dubai based, applicants must posses a UAE driving license. Other applicants must posses a driving license approved by their home country.
- Minimum of 5 years Airline/Handling experience either above or below the wing (in one or more core areas such as cargo, load control, passenger services, ramp) in a major international airport
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Able to demonstrate exceptional communication (written, verbal) and people skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
To express your interest in the above vacancy please apply on-line by clicking below, and complete our application form. We will then consider your application and contact you should we wish to shortlist you for an interview. Should you not receive an invitation for an interview within 5 weeks please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. We will retain your details for 12 months unless advised otherwise and re-consider you for future opportunities as they arise. Please also note that if you are not shortlisted you can also update your application at anytime and apply for other opportunities. Thank you for your interest in a career with the Emirates Group.Please click the Apply now button and search for reference:EGD/MR/20144