Ramp Operations Manager
Manage and monitor ramp activities for passenger and freighter aircraft at Terminal 2 to ensure that day to day operations are in accordance with industry best practice, standard operating procedures, agreed safety standards and service level agreements, whilst complying with all regulatory ground handling requirements.
Ensure that ramp operating standards and procedures comply with individual airline's requirements and adhere to agreed contractual obligations.
1. Accountable for the management and supervision of T2 Ramp Service activities including the loading, un-loading and transportation of baggage, cargo and mail, quick ramp transfer of cargo to and from aircraft. Plays a key role in ensuring that all T2 ramp service level agreements with the respective airlines are met within the agreed financial targets.
2. Responsible for the health and safety of all staff engaged in Ramp activities in T2 and associated areas; promoting a dnata safety culture, educating and raising awareness and understanding through the most appropriate medium, ensuring adherence to dnata values and culture, and being responsible for staff morale and welfare. Investigation of any safety critical incidents, supporting both dnata and Group Safety in the resolution of safety deficiencies. Active risk management of all areas of responsibility.
3. Oversee other relevant functions (in conjunction with other dnAO business units such as Aircraft Appearance, Technical Support, ULD section, Baggage Services, Dispatch and Load Control) to ensure a cost effective and safe turnaround of flights. Build and maintain strong working relationships with these stakeholders in order to create process efficiencies within and across departments to deliver a seamless ground handling product.
4. Continuously review and manage all aspects of T2 ramp operation and handling procedures to ensure that work methods and equipment / manpower levels are in line with budget guidelines and meet the business and customer requirement. Develop and implement new /amended standard operating procedures where appropriate for any new processes/changes which conform to ISO requirements and enhance staff productivity, reinforcing safety and customer service standards. Accountable for the departments? financial performance.
5. Benchmark, set and review on a continuous basis, service standards for T2 ramp operations to meet on-going business demands and changing customer requirements. Establish comprehensive measurements to monitor and analyse performance standards, initiating corrective action where required to facilitate greater process efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
6. Manage the effective and optimum utilisation of ramp services equipment to meet operational requirements, maintaining close working relations with Technical Services dept. to ensure on time servicing and maintenance of equipment and prompt release back into operations. Proactively plan for equipment phase out and provide input to VP Terminal 2 and VP Technical Services with regards to budgetary provisions for new purchases and equipment specifications based on activity levels, operational requirements and economic feasibility.
7. Stakeholder management of station managers of customer airlines (passenger and freighter) to seek / provide feedback on ramp operation activities and proactively identify potential areas of improvement. Recommend to airlines various options of streamlining their operating process in order to enhance overall efficiency. Initiate service recovery measures pertaining to service failure issues to safeguard the interest and image of dnata.
8. Responsible for maintaining close working relationships with Airline Representatives, Dubai Airports Safety, Airport Authorities, Dubai Police, Group Security and third-party contractors as required to ensure that all parties are informed of changes in handling procedures and to ensure minimal disruption to operations due to construction activities, movement constraints, remote parking or other influencing factors.
9. Represent Terminal 2, as required in management / operational meetings to ensure that issues of operations, safety and security are promptly addressed, resolved and amendments made to internal service level agreements. As a subject matter expert, input into the implementation plans for projects (e.g.: remote parking and bay marking (maximise the bay space)) with Dubai Airports that are a part of Dubai Airport 2020 strategic plan.
10. Prepare the budgetary requirements for manpower and equipment resources for review in conjunction with dnata Business Support team establishing revenue opportunities, setting budget and revenue targets and controlling costs. Take measures to ensure that costs are managed and maintained as per budget.
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
Experience / Knowledge
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in Airport Operations
- In-depth knowledge of Airport Operations and Aircraft handling procedures including Cargo, Technical and Ramp Services
- Strong people management skills and excellent communication abilities
- Must have sound working knowledge of Aviation Safety Regulations and Practices
- Must possess a valid UAE Driving Licence or transferable International Licence