Catering Cost Analyst
Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents.
We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel.
To provide business management services for the Aircraft Catering Leadership Team. This includes contract, commercial and financial support for the Regional Catering Managers as well as timely cost analysis and supplier performance oversight for the whole catering team. The post holder will be expected to review a wide range of macroeconomic indicators, such as commodity prices trends to support the Food Product Development Team on long term planning. The incumbent will be expected to have significant research skills to support commercial discussions. In addition, they will be the main contact point for all budget preparation and financial reviews.
Job Outline: Proactively ensure cost efficiency where-ever possible through market research and benchmarking.
- Proactively account manage a diverse range of suppliers at 85 plus catering stations to ensure that all contractual warranties, terms and prices are maintained throughout the life of the catering agreement.
- Liaise with both Procurement and Finance to ensure that all contractual terms agreed by Procurement are maintained and delivered by suppliers. In the event of non-compliance the post holder will be expected to work with suppliers to correct any commercial non-conformity.
- To provide commercial and financial evaluations for Regional Catering Managers prior to, during, and after Food Presentations to support the selection of cost effective products during the life cycle of a catering contract (i.e. after contract award and up until the contract end date).
- Produce detailed cost reports on every sector and menu cycle. Analyse this data to highlight price anomalies and variances to the Regional Catering Managers.
- Design, maintain and circulate management information reports for the Vice President Aircraft Catering, Regional Catering Managers and Manager Operations to monitor catering cost, volume, product and quality trends against individual sectors, routes, regions and globally. Specify high level trends and variance against budget.
- Benchmark station catering costs down to ingredient level by referencing to costs at comparable stations and global food price trends. Research commodity fluctuations online and advise and record accordingly.
- Provide commercial support and analysis for decision making on strategic or ad-hoc product changes or enhancements. Provide detailed costing information on various options to enable effective decision making.
Salary & Benefits: We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE.
- The post holder will be expected to be a University Graduate in Business Administration, Economics, or Commerce with a minimum eight years of practical experience with-in a medium to large food production, catering or hospitality environment. They must be able to demonstrate management experience to at least a mid-management level and be commercially literate with strong financial acumen.
- 8 Years in a 'food' environment or related organisation
- Exposure to a high volume food /cuisine environment is preferable