Shift Briefing Coordinator
Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents.
We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel.
The Position: To provide proactive customer service to cabin crew, whilst implementing and monitoring the operational processes and procedures i.e. the check-in, briefing, dispatch and arrival processes for cabin crew thereby facilitating the effective functioning of Cabin Crew Operations. The role spans a number of areas (Lobby, Standby Lounge, Arrivals, Departures, Airside/Landside Bus Bays), covering a 24 hour operation, and ensures compliance with service, safety, personal, legal and operational requirements.
1. Using systems such as Briefing Management System (BMS) and Integrated Operations Browser (IOB), together with their knowledge of Flight Time Limitations, rostering practices and systems, ensure that crew are legal. Monitor the Briefing Management System to ensure departing Cabin Crew complements are accurate and meet Emirates safety, customer service, and productivity guidelines. Raise any discrepancies or variances in complements for addressing with Crew Scheduling for rectification prior to departure.
2. Administer Service Delivery’s punctuality policy using role specific discretion in making effective and timely operational decisions to ensure customer service standards and/or on-time performance are not compromised. This includes liaison with other departments such as Crew Scheduling to ensure all key stakeholders are informed.
3. Execute department operational contingency plans as directed by the Shift Briefing Officer (SBO) and/or Cabin Crew Operations Management in response to operational disruptions i.e. weather, mass system failures etc., and aircraft incidents in order to maintain the integrity of Emirates flight departure schedules.
4. Prepare and verify contents of the Purser flight folder to ensure all information for the operating crew is accurate, relevant and meets the legal, safety, security and service requirements. Maintain working knowledge of information required for each destination.
5. Proactively interact with Cabin Crew and Flight Deck crew to ensure the smooth operation of the lobby area by directing traffic flow, handling exceptions which require manual crew immigration and check-in, monitoring and resolving kiosk and baggage system issues.
6. Effectively communicate issues affecting the operations, the resolutions implemented and their progress with the SBO/Cabin Crew Duty Manager. Contribute to the departmental shift report which is circulated to all stakeholders with Service Delivery including senior management by compiling the daily operational shift report for the rostered area.
7. Ensure that required crew documentation is current and complies with both Company and licensing authority regulations. Address discrepancies on individual crew documentation and remove crew from flight if required following up with CCSC to rectify issue. Maintain a working knowledge of system wide Customs and Declaration Forms required for entry by operating crew.
8. Responsible for the daily operation of the Standby Lounge ensuring standby procedures are consistently followed i.e. accurate recording of reporting and deployed crew, communicating effectively with Departures and Scheduling teams. Create an "executive lounge" experience by maintaining the physical facilities and offering services and products according to needs of the crew on standby.
9. Responsible for the crew arrival process including receiving and acting on information and reports from operating Pursers, monitoring the baggage carousel area, landside bus bays, mail boxes and the arrivals concourse. Facilitate and resolve any cabin crew queries/issues, liaising with Customs and Dubai Police as required. Facilitate the Cabin/Flight crew lost and found processes in conjunction with Baggage Services and Outstation teams.
10. Accountable for individual tasks within team projects to improve the effectiveness and standards of the department. This will require working with internal and external stakeholders to investigate, report and recommend solutions.
Salary & Benefits: We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE.
Qualifications / Experience
- A levels + 3 years experience OR
- O levels + 5 years experience of which 2+ years are in a customer service role
- Proficiency in the use of computer systems
- Good interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively