Senior Cabin Crew - URGENT REQUIREMENT FOR ABERDEEN
Virgin Atlantic is teaming up with Aer Lingus to bring their own special brand of customer service to the UK short haul market and Storm McGinley has been awarded the prestigious contract to provide their Cabin Crew personnel.
If you are an experienced Senior Cabin Crew professional, familiar with the Airbus 320 family and available to work at Aberdeen base, then we at Storm McGinley are very interested to hear from you. Please be advised that the role of Senior Cabin Crew is only applicable to candidates who have flown within the last 5 years for a minimum of 12 months as Cabin Manager/Purser.
To join us you will need to bring with you an understanding of customers’ expectations, together with first-class communication, interpersonal and teamworking skills. You must be self motivated, flexible and adaptable whilst at all times able to demonstrate a professional, positive attitude and commercial acumen relevant to the position.
Your role will focus on leading and motivating your crew to deliver the very highest of standards. As well as ensuring the safety of passengers and compliancy at all times with stringent policies and procedures. You will do whatever it takes to make every customer’s flight a memorable one, whilst providing feedback on crew performance and liaising with your Inflight Services Management team.
As well as possessing a minimum of one year’s continuous operating experience as a Senior Cabin Crew member on a commercial jet within the last five years you will also possess the following minimum criteria;
· Minimum of 12 months experience in a face to face customer service role
· Fluency in English, both spoken and written
· Be 18 years of age or over by 31st December 2012
· Eligible to live and work in the UK without restriction
· Hold a valid EEA passport allowing unrestricted worldwide travel
· Able to provide details of 3 contactable referees
· Able to pass a 5 – year security background check*
· 5'2" to 6’2” tall, weight-height in proportion
· Able to swim 25m unaided and tread water for at least 1 minute
· Visual acuity of 6/9 (aided or unaided)
· Able and prepared to work shifts, unsociable hours, weekends, holidays and overnights
· Have no tattoos/piercings visible whilst in uniform
· Be prepared to complete a medical questionnaire and medical examination
· Be able and willing to report for duty within 90minutes of being contacted, while on reserve duty
· A second European language is desirable but not essential
In addition to the above Senior Cabin Crew positions, we would also welcome to hear from any applicants who may be interested in Cabin Crew positions, particularly if you can demonstrate at least one year’s continuous flying experience at cabin crew level for a commercial jet carrier as well as satisfy the minimum criteria outlined above.
Should the above positions be of interest then in return we offer you attractive remuneration packages.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Senior Cabin Crew Salary of £16,556.41 Gross per Annum (incl. Holiday & Sick Pay)
- Cabin Crew Salary of £12,317.97 Gross per Annum (incl. Holiday & Statutory Sick Pay)
- 2 Year Fixed Term Contract with possibility of 3rd year prolongation
- Sector pay of £10.48 per sector (equivalent of between £6,000-£7,000, dependent on number of sectors operated)
- Overnight Duty Allowances
- Uniform & Staff Parking is provide
- A 5 week training programme in Dublin/Ireland during which time training and accommodation will be fully provided, in addition to overnight allowance payment and 1 x return flight to Dublin/Ireland (from your designated UK base preference location).
- Your expression of interest in these positions will automatically assume your willingness and availability to participate in such a training course.
How to Apply:
Our selection process will be stringent therefore please apply only if you meet or exceed the minimum requirements highlighted and you are immediately available. In which case, please provide your response to email@example.com and include in your response;
- A fully updated Curriculum Vitae clearly outlining your continuous employment work history
- Your full contact details including email/fixed line/mobile phone
As part of our commitment to quality, we will endeavour to respond to all applications, however if you do not receive a response 3 weeks, then it is possible that your application has not been successfully shortlisted at this time.
If you are a non UK Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the UK for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/ countries.