Key Activities ~
- Fully responsible for timely and accurate preparation of mass properties reports for all programs.
- Check all mass properties estimates developed by weight engineering staff/sub contractors.
- Data management of changes to the mass properties estimate.
- Active monitoring of the design of the aircraft for weight control practices.
- Active monitoring of the production of the aircraft for weight control practices.
- Preparation and presentation of alternative design and build materials, arrangement, and/or practices to control weight growth.
- Attend meetings with Client.
- Supervise or assist in weighing of large assemblies when required.
Knowledge required ~
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of CATIA V5 mass analysis programme.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office EXCEL/ Word.
- Prior assignment as an experienced weight engineer is necessary.
The Person ~
- self-motivated and able to take responsibility for own work within a team.
- able to work to tight, demanding deadlines and customer demands.
- enjoys working in teams and interacting with others.
- Ability to work effectively within an integrated project team.
- able to establish credibility with internal and external customers.
- interest in mechanical/technical advances.
- fluent written and verbal English language skills.
- EU Member Passport Holder.