Supply Chain Director
Supply Chain Director, France
Near Toulouse, South West France
to c£90,000, car, bonus
Gardner Aerospace is one of Europe’s largest suppliers of aerospace parts, sub-assemblies and total manufacturing services. Gardner has twelve aerospace approved manufacturing operations across the UK, France, Poland and India. It has annual revenues in excess of $175m and is a key supplier to many of the world’s leading aerospace prime contractors and their major tier 1 suppliers.
Headquartered out of their new head office in Derby, Gardner machines, fabricates and treats small to large and simple to complex detailed parts in soft, hard and exotic metals. Gardner also provides kits, sub assemblies, major assemblies, repair services and a complete range of engineering tools, management processes and quality approvals to support these capabilities. Gardner’s revenues are growing fast thanks in part to their acquisitive nature and their ongoing aerospace programmes. Moving forward, the company will need the support of a robust and agile supply chain as it goes from strength to strength.
Gardner is looking for a Supply Chain Director to take responsibility for several manufacturing sites based in France. On the back of recent acquisitions and a successful integration project this role will enjoy a strong operational focus. Reporting to the Operations Director, this position is pivotal to the overall supply chain as it sits in a key region with four dedicated manufacturing sites in country. Key tasks include:
- Lead the operational performance of the supply chain including scheduling, delivery, quality, cost and managing supplier relationships as appropriate. Manage the inbound and outbound demand signal including materials. Responsible for logistics across France whilst supporting the logistics and strategic sourcing heads.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives such as local kit integration prior to delivering overseas. Drive continuous improvements from moving parts out of France to other Gardner sites or working on improving the organisational structure. Manage supply chain risks and support best practice sharing across the global supply chain.
- Help set the direction for supply chain within France and ensure that appropriate resources are in place to achieve goals. Manage a team of eight and expand their numbers as the various programmes ramp up. Interact with internal and external contacts ranging from account managers to meeting with key customers.
- Educated to degree level, ideally with MCIPS or international equivalent. High drive, energy and resilience. Well developed leadership skills, strong conceptual thinking, a hands-on approach and the charisma to make things happen.
- Understanding of best supply chain practice, ideally developed in an aerospace environment. Able to shape purchasing strategy, practised in negotiation and having worked in multisite operations. Comfortable interacting with customers.
- Experienced of working in a complex ERP-driven 24/7 manufacturing and assembly industry, ideally aerospace. You should have worked in France previously, speak fluent French and be happy to live full-time in South West France.
To apply for this position please click on the ‘apply’ button, or for a confidential discussion please call Lucy Brennan on 020 7529 3063.
More jobs like this
- Permanent £70,000 - £99,999 Aviation and Airlines jobs in France
- Permanent £70,000 - £99,999 Flight Operations jobs in France
- Permanent £70,000 - £99,999 Flight Operations Manager jobs in France
- Permanent £70,000 - £99,999 Aerospace Engineering jobs in France
- Permanent £70,000 - £99,999 Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul jobs in France