Systems Stress Engineer (m/f) – UK
As an engineering company providing services to customers across the globe, we are constantly looking for experienced Aerospace Engineers from all disciplines, for both permanent and contract positions.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent or contract position:
Systems Stress Engineer (m/f) - UK
We are currently looking for a Systems Stress Engineer (m/f) to work on the Global 7000 & Global 8000 Centre Fuselage Systems installation.
The WP components are subject to different aircraft loading. This WP comprises the analysis of the component and the creation of the applicable documentation for design and certification support.
The tasks to be performed are the following:
- Create a FEM for the components and assembly and deliver it to our client for the overall aircraft model (NASTRAN model) if required.
- Static analysis of limit and ultimate load cases.
- Fatigue Analysis.
- Damage Tolerance.
- Detailed dimensioning for all Structural Parts.
- Design Stress Check and to provide Design Office with input Data for weight monitoring.
- Design Stress Check of all drawings including pre-signing by the Stress SPC.
- All applicable stress reports in accordance with the drawings.
- All Stress activity will be using NASTRAN / PATRAN.
- Stress free validation for the system install (Tolerance Analysis).
- Leak and functional test report.
- Similarity analysis report (if required).
The systems you will be working on are:
- Environmental Control System (ECS) & LP Ducting: - Air Conditioning System; - Air Distribution System; - Cabin Pressure Control System; - Instrument & Console Cooling System
- Hydraulic Bay: - Thermal/Acoustic Insulation & Drip Trays
- Fire Detection System-Main Landing Gear
- Flight Controls: - Flap Actuation Systems
- Wing Anti-Ice & Protection System
- Control Cables: - Parking & Emergency Brakes
- Oxygen System
- Water/Waste System
- Fuel Tank Inerting System
- Antennas & Drain Masts
Qualification and knowledge:
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to hold a qualification of at least degree level or equivalent in engineering.
Interested candidates should have a minimum of 5 years experience in the aerospace industry on one or several systems described above.
Good experience in FEM, F&DT, vibration/frequency analysis or static analysis is mandatory.
European Citizens are encouraged to apply. US Citizens and Green Card Holders may be Visa eligible.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application including an up-to-date CV and details of your earliest availability.