Aircraft Appearance Consultant
Sigma Aviation Serviceson behalf of our client Air Astana is seeking a very experienced professional to fulfil the role of Aircraft Appearance Consultant.
The successful candidate for this non flying role will report to the SVP Engineering and Maintenance and will maintain Air Astana aircraft standards to the highest level; ensuring that the interior and exterior appearance of the operated fleet meets Air Astana customer expectations.
The responsibility for this management consultant role will include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring that the aircraft appearance is maintained to the highest level through regular audits and rectification action
- Develop a programme of cabin maintenance sufficient to meet and exceed Air Astana expectations
- Liaison with materials manager and maintenance control Manager in order to establish parts availability
- Make recommendations on stock levels in order to ensure service level agreement compliance
- Monitor aircraft operation in conjunction with Network control centre and maintenance control Manager to ensure that sufficient downtime exists to complete scheduled and unscheduled cleaning and cabin maintenance
- Ensure that the cabins are maintained using the most effective and cost effective tools and substances
- Develop and manage an aircraft fumigation and insect prevention programme
- Holder of an Engineering Degree or equivalent (as above)
- Holder of a EASA B2 aviation maintenance license
- At least 5 years experience of maintaining cabin interiors including 'in flight entertainment'
- Detailed knowledge of EASA regulations with particular regard to cabin interiors and 'in flight entertainment'
- 10 years management experience, of which 5 years should be in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to plan and manage departmental annual budget
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Third party contract management experience
- Computer literate and have ability to produce reports and statistics for management review
- Ability to ensure Air Astana Aircraft Appearance is maintained to the highest industry standards by setting up and maintaining clear processes and procedures
- Ability to motivate and train local aircraft appearance staff in all aspects of quality control and condition monitoring
This is a full time non flying role offering a direct one year (rolling) contract with Air Astana
This will be discussed with short listed candidates and will reflect their experience and skills to fulfil this important role.