Aeronautical Data Management Specialist
Serco are currently seeking an Aeronautical Date Management Specialist. Reporting to AIM Systems & Projects Specialist, the purpose of this role is to manage the AIM database, to ensure that data is entered, validated and maintained in accordance with the AIM Procedures Manual, Civil Aviation Regulations and International Standards and Recommended Practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, check and enter aeronautical data received from internal and external users in accordance with Civil Aviation Regulations, International Standards and the AIM Procedures manual. Validate data on entry; regularly check the data base for discrepancies.
- Bring to the Team Leader - AIM Operations attention errors and discrepancies in the data base and make recommendations for repairing local or external incorrect entries.
- Carry out regular data integrity checks.
- Monitor and maintain the NOTAM database. Ensure monthly checklists are actioned.
- Maintain and ensure data integrity of the ARINC, EAD, e-TOD data and other authorised airport data which is imported into AIM system.
- Basic charting knowledge to understand and design/modify/edit charts as required in the Avitech Charting tool.
- Coordinate with ATC and other stakeholders to check database compatibilities on a system wide basis across DANS.
- Provide full briefings, additional information and static data to concerned customers on request, receive Post Flight Information and disseminate as required.
- Whilst on shift responsible for the provision of Aeronautical Information Services at Dubai International Airport in accordance with Civil Aviation Regulations, International Standards and the AIM Procedures manual.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Very good knowledge of the importance of data quality and accuracy in aviation safety.
- Good knowledge of ATS routes and their component structure.
Practical knowledge of:
- Civil Aviation regulations, ICAO Standards and recommended Practices and AIM procedures
- DANS, Dubai Airports and DCAA structure and reporting process
- Business goals/objectives/direction
- Departmental policies and procedures/processes
- Dubai Airports policies and procedures/processes
- AIXM experience would be benificial
- Good communication and verbal skills
- Good written and presentation skills
- At least 3 years in ATS or other relevant aviation field of which 1 year shall be exclusively AIM
Technologies - Desireable
- This job will be responsible for managing aeronautical data and the database associated with the Avitech Automated AIM system, which conforms to (Aeronautical Information Exchange Model) AIXM 5.1 (based on UML/XML/GML).
- Knowledge of the following is desirable :
- Adobe Framemaker
More jobs like this
- Permanent Aviation and Airlines jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Air Traffic Control jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Business Services jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent IT and Information Services jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Aerospace Engineering jobs in United Arab Emirates