Operations Officer - West Sussex
1 day left
- Full Time
Magma Aviation is a well-established company offering the air cargo industry unique expertise in managing, both commercially and operationally, Boeing 747 and 737 freighter aircraft. A position has become available in our Operations Department to join a team providing 24/7 operational support for our global schedule and charter operations.
We are offering a competitive salary and the opportunity to join a dynamic and hardworking but friendly team of experienced aviation professionals. Our office is situated on the Surrey and West Sussex border in peaceful and pleasant rural surroundings 20 minutes from Gatwick.
The successful candidate will possess first class communication skills and the ability to take a pro-active and enthusiastic approach to contribute positively to a varied and pressured work load whilst adapting to changing priorities as they arise. Exemplary time keeping and attention to detail are mandatory and a positive attitude to working as part of a team or individually is essential. A second language although not essential would be an advantage.
Candidates who are able to demonstrate proven experience in a majority or all of the following skill sets will be considered favourably.
- A background in airline operations to include a sound knowledge of cargo aircraft, a clear understanding of TAF, METAR and NOTAM bulletins, aircraft scheduling and a familiarity with IATA / ICAO airport codes.
- General flight watch disciplines to include: Customer and supplier liaison, monitoring an operation from cargo delivery and pallet build, through flight stages and arrival at destination while providing pro-active solutions any problems that may occur and to ensure an efficient and on time schedule.
- A sound understanding of crew FTDLs.
- Previous experience in;
- Traffic and overflight application process and procedures
- Aircraft and cargo handling arrangements
- Warehouse procedures
- Fuel arrangements
- ULD tracking and logistics
- Crew support services including crew catering, HOTAC and crew positioning
- A good working knowledge of Jeppesen Jetplanner (or similar CFP systems).
- B747F load study and load planning experience would be a distinct advantage.
If you wish to apply for the above vacancy, please forward your CV with a cover letter supporting your application and explaining your suitability for the role to: James le Poer Trench, Operations Manager, Magma Aviation Limited by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
Apply for Operations Officer - West Sussex
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly