Air Traffic Control (ATC) Officer
CAE Parc Aviation are exclusively working with an Aviation Authority based in the Middle East who are currently looking to recruit up to 15 Licensed Air Traffic Controllers on a permanent basis.
1. Obtain, as soon as possible, approach radar control and tower rating for selected airport.
2. Perform approach radar and tower controller’s duties at airport being rated.
3. Maintain coordination with other ATC units.
4. Provide on-the-job training on approach radar and tower control to nationals who have had basic air traffic control training.
5. Assess performance of the trainee controllers and recommend, or otherwise, their rating as approach controllers.
6. Hand over approach radar and tower control duties to nationals who have been rated, while retaining a supervisory role.
7. Ensure that ATC procedures and instructions at area control centre are up-to-date and in conformity with requirements, as well as responding to the needs of other users of the airport.
8. Perform other related duties as may be required.
1. Judgement/decision –making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports in English
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Professional qualifications and training as air traffic controller.
2. ATC license with rating in approach control and ICAO English Language Proficiency Level 5
3. At least five years experience in approach radar and tower control at a mid-size airport.
5. Ratings and 5 experience in tower and area/route radar control.
6. Familiarity with ICAO Annexes 1 and 11 and related ICAO documents and manuals.
7. A good command of oral and written English is essential.