Sales Director Germany
Zenon Aviation is delighted to be recruiting a Sales Director for one of the world’s leading international airlines, for their operations based in Germany.
Our client requires a strong leader to develop and initiate a robust sales and marketing strategy to effectively grow the Airlines market share within Germany and Europe. The successful candidate will have had experience in managing and leading teams and you will be required to develop business critical sales processes of ticket sales and marketing strategies throughout Germany and certain areas within Europe and consistently grow the Airlines revenue streams within the Corporate and TMC channels.
To be considered for this opportunity, the successful individual must have an excellent track record of achievement and leadership at the very highest level in an airline sales. Familiarity with the German airline markets and have the ability to grow and develop new and existing contacts within the region. The successful applicant will have excellent motivation, ambition and innovation, along with a passion for the Airline and Aviation Industry coupled with awareness of working within a multi-cultural environment.
To be considered candidates must have at least 8 years’ experience in airline sales management. Experience in promotion, as well as aviation sales, and the ability to network and negotiate is essential.
Responsible for leading the corporate sales function and accounts in the corporate and TMC Channels in the Germany. The role will include account management, business development, leading and developing a team.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• To lead and develop Corporate Sales within Germany.
• To manage and oversee recruitment, development, performance, appraisal and motivation of the team.
• To develop and motivate the company’s existing corporate business, corporate account targeting and delivering new business.
• To play a major part in the implementation of our joint business commercial agreements in the local market
• To achieve aggressive targets through an innovative business approach that yields a return on investment for the company and the joint business and contributes to the overall German/EMEA sales target.
• Accountability for the corporate sales performance
• Provide strong motivational leadership and mentoring to direct reports
• Develop and implement corporate sales programmes and revenue acquisition plans
• Track successes against target and account performance versus goal
• Anticipate marketplace movements in volume, mix and yield
• Other duties or special projects as assigned by the Sales Director UK or VP Global Strategic Sales.
The following attributes are also required:-
• Strong analytical and process skills
• A high integrity individual with impeccable ethics and an unblemished track record
• Logical and data driven with strong decision-making and critical thinking skills
• Knowledge of the German/European market and a ‘network’ of contacts
• Ability to work and interface effectively within the EMEA sales team and key departments, including various HDQ departments, US Global and field sales, pricing & distribution, European sales, sales planning and our joint business partners.
• A strong strategic thinker with the ability to grasp and conceive business and human resources as related to the changes within the business
• Proven leadership skills together with previous experience of leading a field based sales team
• Previous proven experience of leading and implementing change
• Ability to negotiate with senior executives and to board level
• Experience in developing corporate sales programmes
• Be highly self-motivated, self-sufficient, and demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Information systems-literate and oriented with a strong affinity for optimising systems in day-to-day use.
• Ideally, the candidate should have their own transport and must be willing to participate in extensive out of hour’s activity and frequent overseas travel.
• A degree in business or economics or relevant proven experience
Competitive salary package on offer and the Airline offers generous benefits package and travel allowances.
To apply for this position please forward your CV to email@example.com or for further information please telephone +44(0)1483 397383.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this vacancy.