Senior Director, Global & Strategic Sales EMEA
Zenon Aviation is delighted to be recruiting for one of the world’s leading international airlines for a Senior Director, Global & Strategic Sales EMEA) to be based in the UK.
Our client requires a strong leader with extensive management experience to develop and initiate a robust Corporate/TMC sales strategy to effectively grow the airlines market share within the EMEA region with a strong focus on Europe.
To be considered for this opportunity, the successful individual must have an excellent track record of achievement and leadership at the very highest level within the airline corporate sales function. Familiarity with the international airline markets and have the ability to grow and develop new and existing Corporate contacts within Europe.
The successful applicant will have excellent motivation, ambition and innovation, along with a passion for the airline and aviation industry coupled with awareness of working within a multi-cultural environment.
To be considered candidates must have at least 10 years’ experience in airline sales and marketing management. Extensive experience in Corporate sales, and the ability to network and negotiate is essential.
Further Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Head of corporate and major TMC sales for EMEA
• Develop and implement corporate/TMC sales strategy and business plan for corporate and TMC accounts across Europe
• Proactive business development and expansion of the corporate market in Europe, develop and initiate an action plan to identify and target new customers and sales opportunities
• Lead negotiation for corporate deals
• Lead negotiation for airline alliance corporate contracts
• Lead negotiation and senior level account management of major TMC deals in Europe
• Lead and manage the outside and inside sales team, including training, coaching and development
• Establish performance goals and monitoring process for the team
• Liaise with other office sales teams and sales management
• Develop a standardized sales methodology and best practice to be adopted by outside sales teams across all offices in Europe
• Develop sales force effectiveness and training for the sales teams in Europe
• Develop a cross-market European sales team (mid-to-long term goal)
• Represent the client at public, corporate, agency and key industry events and organizations in UK and Europe.
• Develop and strengthen the companies profile in UK and European business travel sector
• Develop and strengthen regional level sales relationship with relevant partners
The following attributes are also required:
• Sales management experience within a major international airline preferably at a senior level
• Other relevant airline experience such as revenue management, pricing, marketing, alliances or corporate planning; and other experience in a major TMC, corporate travel management or business travel consultancy would be valuable
• Proven track record of revenue delivery through the negotiation and closure of high value deals with corporate and TMCs
• A highly skilled negotiator with advanced presentation skills and a proven record of negotiation experience to a senior level with corporates and TMCs
• Demonstrable network of corporate, TMC and travel industry contacts/decision makers at all levels and across Europe
• Sound commercial understanding and in-depth knowledge of the business travel sector, a keen awareness of the current corporate sales environment, dealing processes and trends
• Ability to provide sound commercial insight and decision-making based on strong analytical skills
• Proven leadership ability to influence, coach/mentor, develop and empower a team to a high level of performance
• Enthusiastic and motivational - a team player with the ability to lead from the front
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment and flexibility
• International experience
• Language abilities (French, German) would be useful, but not a requirement
A Competitive Salary is offered.
To apply for this position please forward your CV to email@example.com or for further information please telephone +44(0)1483 332000.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this vacancy.