We have been commissioned by a one of the world’s largest providers of training to the civil and military markets to source a Training Manager on a permanent basis for their facilities in the South East.
The primary focus as the accountable manager for simulator training programs, the responsibility for leading a team of instructor pilots to deliver a high standard of flight training.
• Responsible for assuring their team’s safe and efficient delivery of flight training.
• Management of resources to achieve or exceed the required number of training events in each financial year.
• In association with the Sales department, development of the annual client course training plan for the fleet.
• Calculate the required number of instructors to meet the commercial training requirement.
• Manage the optimal mix of full time, part time and ad hoc instructors to meet the training need.
• In association with the Instructor Training department manage the initial and recurrent training requirements for all instructors and examiners.
• Maintain the instructor training records.
• Monitor client progress and ensure that any remedial training requirements are identified quickly.
• Ensure Account Executives and, if necessary, client Training Managers are kept informed of progress.
• Maintain continuous contact with the Sales and Scheduling departments to facilitate the smooth delivery of client training.
• Maintain oversight of the client training records to ensure the highest possible standard of record completion.
• Conduct all instructor performance reviews for all permanent instructors (full time and part time).
• In association with the HR department manage all personnel issues for the instructors to include salary increments, promotions, sickness records and holiday.
• In association with the Standards department, the other UKTC Training Managers and Lead Instructors, maintain the standardization of all instruction on the assigned Fleet to ensure compliance with network wide and local training standards.
• Conduct Quality Assurance checks.
• Review client course critiques and monitor client opinion to ensure that, as far as possible training is meeting client needs and expectations.
• Ensure that processes are in place to guarantee that all training materials are the most current.
• Liaise with the Maintenance Training Leader to ensure the most efficient use of training devices for both Pilot and Maintenance training.
• Liaise with the UKTC Technical Operations department to ensure that simulator defects that affect training are expeditiously repaired.
• Ensure all instructors are kept up to date with changes to courseware and OEM materials.
• Nominate a Standards Pilot for each simulator type and ensure that he or she is made available to Technical Operations dept. to conduct the annual Standards Flights required by JAR FSTD-1A.
• Work on identified projects locally and globally to continually improve the company’s products
• Maintain ownership of the FAA and EASA approved courses and Theoretical Knowledge exams for the fleet.
• In association with the OEM and SMEs, manage the update process for courseware, training devices and training materials.
• Agree between training centres a program for all updates and new training programs. Where necessary communicate with the Regulatory department to ensure all new and established programs are compliant with the appropriate regulations.
• Establish regular communication with all training centres and manufacturers to ensure that requirements are being met.
• Maintain an action tracker for all agreed actions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• People management and leadership skills
• Working knowledge of EASA and preferably also FAA Regulations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Possesses above average communication skills, both verbal & written.
• Demonstrates proficient computer skills & knowledge of Internet applications.
• Strong focus on quality with a continuous drive towards process improvement & customer satisfaction.
• Ability to concentrate and work in a fast paced environment.
• Readily accepts changes and adjusts accordingly.
• Ability to maintain strong customer orientation under adverse circumstances.
• Hold or have held a professional pilot licence
• Previous management experience in an aviation related business acceptable to the Regulatory Authorities.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you and you want to work for a forward thinking organisation with a true global footprint please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.