Engineering Team Leader Opportunities
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions based at our Leighton Buzzard facility, including x2 Engineering Team Leaders.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be required to technically lead the functional DMU & Interface design resource that is deployed within the operational project teams, ensuring best practice and company processes are followed and expected quality targets are met.
Specifically this role is responsible for:
- Functional resource development on behalf of the Head of Function.
- Creation of and maintenance of individual development planning.
- Maintenance of functional competency documentation for deployed engineers under their functional leadership.
- Responsibility for the functional skills matrix for each individual.
- Delegated Technical Authority focal point and sponsor for existing/new/extended approvals.
- Identification of specific functional training requirements.
- Co-ordination of technical reviews and development of the review process.
- Development of the technical capability and signatory delegation in support of AP1020.
- Technical, People and Management Training, associated Career Development and Succession Planning with Head of Function.
- Coach the functional DMU team members on an individual and group basis.
- Organise and support appraisals with the Operational team leads.
- Define and maintain key SMART objectives for the individual DMU team members with support from the operational EPLs.
- Be responsible for holiday approval, time and attendance, and other people management issues, communicating to head of function.
- Support to the Head of Function in recruitment and interviewing.
Technical surveillance & Governance
- Provide the functional leadership and Technical Governance for DMU engineers deployed within operational design teams.
- Reporting weekly (for their specific scope of responsibility) to the Head of Function.
- Independently ensuring that the project(s) they are working on are collecting appropriate quality KPI’s and providing this data on a regular basis to the Head of Function, Engineering Services and the Engineering Director.
- To support the technical execution of the DMU activities through the design lifecycle.
- To ensure the quality of the DMU team’s output by surveillance, functional review and continuous improvement.
- Deliver to other stakeholders a right first time result.
- Be a PPS champion and lead PPS activity for your area of functional responsibility.
Business Development Support
- Development of customer relationships in line with functional responsibility.
- Define the timeframes required for the various sub-processes in order to support planning so that activities can be completed within scope, time and budget.
- Understand the external / internal risks and execute appropriate contingency.
- Support of technical proposals/statements of work including estimating and bid preparation.
Method / Process Deployment & Development
- Define required functional processes and continuous improvement activities with support of Engineering Services.
- Support the customer DMU & interface activities to meet the program milestones.
- Develop and apply the necessary design tools.
- Understand the current system capabilities / limitations and scope of enhancement.
- Ensure compliance to requirements is satisfied through the DMU process.
- Technical definition of the Galley Design Handbooks with support from Engineering Services.
- Ensure DMU related configuration rules and processes are applied within the operational teams.
The Ideal candidate will have the following -
- Engineering degree or ONC/HNC in design related field and/or proven related experience
- Sufficient engineering capability and experience to create effective engineered solutions based on interior design experience of Aircraft Galleys, Crew rests and other related monuments
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Good team working skills
- The ability to work with a low level of supervision and intervention
- Competent user of the incumbent CAD, data management systems and MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- A working knowledge of the various methods of manufacture to be employed such as: Machining, Casting, Vacuum forming, Injection moulding, Composite materials, Trim and finish