Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Lead Engineer will be required to lead a team of multi-disciplined engineers to drive the deliverables of a significant project within a major strategic program. Be accountable for the delivery of engineering technical solutions to budget and schedule and works in close coordination with the Engineering Manager of the JCRs, (based in Hamburg), to ensure effective communication and coordination.
Specifically this role is responsible for:
- Support the dialog between the B/E LB and Hamburg teams.
- Provides technical leadership, solve or contributes to solve the technical issues.
- Supports in focusing the engineers based in LB and increase their effectiveness.
- Is a direct access from the Hamburg B/E team to LB, being focused on the JCR technical activities.
- Progress the signature loop, in accordance with the priorities and the planning given, interfacing with the LB team, coordinating the rework (in coordination with the JCR Manager).
- Performs technical work (80%) on JCRs (Design Engineer)
- Checking of the JCRs
- Leading a team of multi functional engineers with an appropriate mix of skills to deliver the engineering solution
- Defining, delegating and reporting status of the work package of the project
- Organising and participating in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process. Ensuring that all necessary follow up actions are taken
- Identifying project risk, mitigation actions and contingency plans
- Maintaining the engineering quality and integrity of the work produced within their work package
- Leading design to cost and manufacturability activities
- Establishing and maintaining engineering metrics to produce engineering deliverables, on time, on budget and to technical performance criteria
- Communicating effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers and to manage data transfer
- Ensuring the successful integration of each design element with the product as a whole
- Following and contributing to the development of the Best Practice guidelines
- Any other reasonable duties
The Ideal candidate will have the following -
- Engineering degree or ONC/HNC in design related field and/or proven related experience
- Significant previous experience leading a project engineering team in a matrix organization, and a new product introduction environment
- Significant previous experience with A350 Galleys
- Customer facing experience
- Experience of monitoring and delivering a technical project plan, including budgets
- Proven engineering capability and experience to create effective engineered solutions
- A working knowledge of manufacturing systems and sub systems integration and assembly