Air Traffic Control Officer - Approach OJTI - Subject to Contract Award
3 days left
- Full Time
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focussing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
* Responsible for the provision of Air Traffic Services in accordance with National and International Rules and Requirements within the Baghdad FIR.
* Manage air traffic flow as required to avoid congestion in or beyond Baghdad FIR.
* Manage high workloads and stress, in particular dealing with emergencies and unusual circumstances.
* Report Incidents Report failures, conditions and procedures likely to constitute a risk to safety and/or regularity.
* Report incidents and abnormal occurrences to the Operations Manager.
* Provide OJT function whilst on watch to ensure the continued progression of Iraqi trainee ATCs as well as ex-pat ATCs requiring validation, producing regular and comprehensive training reports as required by the Customer.
* Support the development of the Iraqi OJT students to the highest standard of air traffic controller for integration into ICAA’s Air Traffic Services section.
* Perform all other duties related to the role of an Air Traffic Control Officer and OJT as
required by Serco and ICAA operational management.
* Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of all relevant ICAO documents - in particular Annex 2, Annex 11 and Doc 4444.
* Maintain a thorough operational knowledge and understanding of the equipment and systems used for the provision of air traffic services in the Baghdad FIR.
* Obtain, through pre-watch briefing, relevant information concerning internal and external conditions affecting traffic operating within Baghdad FIR.
Valid Approach Radar and Procedural Control License issued by an ICAO state or recognized organization and accepted by the Civil Aviation Regulations with minimum of 5 years civil experience in the rating. Valid ATC medical certificate. ICAO English Language Proficiency Level 4 or above. Thorough understanding of standards, procedures, policies and OJT.
Note: Air Traffic Controllers working in Baghdad are required to live in a purpose built camp and due to security restrictions are not permitted to leave the Baghdad International Airport secure zone. Individuals should therefore possess the temperament to live and work within a closed community. Tax free package commensurate to location an accommodation/food provided
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.