Zenon is currently recruiting for an experienced Maintenance Controller to be based at East Midlands Airport working for a well-known and prestigious airline maintenance facility, the position would ideally start in February 2016.
Responsibilities for the position are as follows:
• The collation and assessment of defect information from flight crews and line stations
• Ensure that the appropriate manpower and logistical resources are allocated to tasks, in order to ensure that the defect rectification is within timescales required by the Operations Department
• Liaise with the base engineer and the subcontracted line maintenance organizations in order to ensure that appropriately authorized manpower, adequate spares and equipment are allocated to aircraft defects in such a manner as to maintain the flying program with minimum disruption
• Ensure that, in conjunction with the Operations Department, the required down times are allocated to each aircraft such that the necessary maintenance or rectification can be carried out in an expeditious manner
• Close liaison with the Operations Department in order to obtain a sound grasp of the daily flying program, such that the most appropriate course of actions during AOG situations can be implemented thereby minimizing aircraft downtime
• The compilation of aircraft defect information and statistics
• The compilation, planning and implementation of all scheduled maintenance, which occurs between checks
• The maintenance of Acceptable Deferred Defects at a pre-determined acceptable level
• The weekly issue of a 7-day maintenance plan to all line stations backed up with a daily ‘night stop work request.’ Assisting and advising Flight Deck personnel with technical issues when and wherever possible
• Observance of all current security regulations and precautions
• Taking appropriate required actions upon all-weather warnings issued by the Operations Department
The ideal candidate will have
• Previous line and base maintenance experience with aircraft apprenticeship or equivalent training.
• You will also require to hold a B1 or B2 License
• Previous experience in similar area or role
• Supervisory experience would be desirable
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence. For a confidential conversation regarding the position please call Ashley Ewen directly on +44 (0)1483397385
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.