Chief Operating Officer
Zenon Aviation is delighted to be recruiting a COO on behalf of an exciting and expanding regional airline operation in Central America. With various domestic and international destinations flying A320’s and 737’s, the organization has an excellent brand within the American aviation market and this appointment is part of their expansion plan coupled with the implementation of new aircraft to the existing fleet.
Candidates should be fluent in Spanish and ready to participate in the development of this expanding company with a sense of corporate responsibility, willing to be flexible in execution of defined duties and assisting colleagues to achieve common goals of the airline.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the COO is accountable for all of the Company’s operational activities and performance, in accordance with regulatory and safety requirements, financial budgets and the company’s procedures.
The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for the safe, reliable, efficient and cost-effective management and growth of the airline. This includes and encompasses oversight of the key dimensions of the carrier including Maintenance & Engineering, Safety, Air Operations, and Ground Operations. In this regard, this position is responsible for the airline’s operational performance, with a direct and key influence on the financial performance and evolution of the carrier, and its growth and change.
• A business professional with at least ten years of senior management level experience within aviation.
• A combined total of at least 15 years of experience in an airline, with proficiency in a relevant technical or specialized field.
• Previous experience as an airline COO, a post-holder or Accountable Manager would be an advantage.
• Ideally, a deep knowledge and thorough experience in the operational areas, including flight operations, maintenance, safety and operations management.
• Increasing levels of responsibility in an operational area or multiple operational areas of a well-respected airline or aviation organization with a preference for senior level LCC airline and/or international airline experience.
• Outstanding leadership experience, resulting in an excellent ability to communicate and direct a large operational organization.
• Well-known and respected reputation within the Airline industry.
• Proven, success leading an Operational unit through a collaborative, unifying approach that builds on teamwork and dedication to Company goals and principles.
• Fluent Spanish language skills are essential.
• Bachelor’s degree in an Operational, Aviation, Engineering, Business or a related field would be beneficial
• Master’s degree or related advanced degree would be beneficial
To apply for this position please send a copy of CV and covering letter to Ashley.email@example.com or call Ashley Ewen on 01483 397385:
All applications will be handled in confidence.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Apply for Chief Operating Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly