Chief Financial Officer
Zenon is delighted to be supporting a very well established operator and air charter provider to source a Chief Financial Officer on a permanent basis for their HQ in East Africa.
Based in a very popular and attractive tourist destination you will be responsible for providing both operational and programme support to the organisation. Reporting directly to the CEO you will directly assist with all strategic and tactical matters relating to budget management, cost benefit analysis and forecasting needs for the organisation.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
• Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organisation's mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
• Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
• Work with the CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating industry relationships, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
• Prepare operating budgets and work with the CEO to ensure success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual requirements.
• Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organisation including: organisational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to the BOD, development and monitoring of organisational budgets.
• Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organisation.
• Monitor banking activities of the organisation with emphasis on the revenue management system/PSS system and revenue/refunds in associated collection systems such as IATA, SITA or similar.
• Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organisation's needs.
• Oversee the production of monthly reports as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, together with the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
• Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
• Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
• Oversee business insurance plans.
• Minimum of 10 years in financial management roles culminating at controller or chief financial officer level.
• At least 5 years of proven management experience leading a team to implement company financial controls and strategy.
• International accounting standards and familiarity with all forms of international regulations.
• High level of expertise on EXCEL/WORD/PP and similar office IT programmes plus extensive knowledge of accounting packages for financial management.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.