Head of Air Finance - London
Head of Air Finance
Flightglobal, the world’s leading aviation data, analytics and content business, is seeking to recruit a talented individual who can lead the group’s multi-million pound Air Finance sector.
The Head of Air Finance is a senior role in the Markets group in FlightGlobal, reporting to the Vice-President of Markets. The Markets team is responsible for leading the strategic direction of the Air Finance and Aerospace sectors in FlightGlobal.
The Head of Air Finance role requires a subject matter expert in the dynamic global air finance world, with particular knowledge of aircraft leasing and banking.
They will be able to connect and work intimately with customers within that sector to identify and articulate the market drivers of the sector, and understand and articulate the high-level and most critical customer problems in the sector.
From this deep-customer insight and understanding, the Head of Air Finance will identify the future large product and service opportunities in the sector. Their customer insight will also help the business shape and prioritize opportunities to drive revenue growth in the nearer term.
This Markets head role is a key interface between FlightGlobal’s overall strategic goals and delivering actionable customer insights and understanding from which the Product team can design, define and deliver great products and services.
The role will require an experienced and skilful leader who is comfortable and confident working with multiple stakeholders across FlightGlobal and in the wider RBI business. These stakeholders will include colleagues in product, technology, sales, marketing, content and consultancy.
The Head of Air Finance:
- Provides leadership of the Air Finance sector
- Acquires and maintains a deep understanding of the sector market drivers and trends
- Voice of the customer in the organisation – being able to articulate the most pressing customer problems and answer ‘what is the value to them?’
- Develops and articulates customer use cases
- Produces sector-based strategic and opportunity roadmaps
- Undertakes strategic customer discovery to link their emerging business problems with top-level strategy to understand the direction they are moving in.
- Demonstrate the capability to solve those problems and provide a compelling value-proposition to the customer (lead the process of delivering a proposed solution / presentation of the data analysis)
- Articulate the commercial opportunity to the internal sales team, and in partnership with the commercial team present the opportunity (Markets lead knowledge required to understand how the solution is deployed in the client organisation)
- Help sales to formulate and implement value-based sales strategy
- Conducts sector and business case opportunity analysis
- Works with other sector heads to identify and harmonise requirements across sectors
- Prioritises requirements in close collaboration with the product team for Horizon 1 and Horizon 2 activities
The Head of Air Finance must be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the key personas within their sector. They will have sound commercial acumen that allows them to define the value proposition for our services in the eyes of our customers, helping to drive go-to-market activities that will deliver profitable revenue growth.
As a global business, with offices across every continent, the role will require a considerable degree of overseas travel.
In the Head of Air Finance role, the individual will be expected to demonstrate excellent presentation and influencing skills, specifically being able to input into directing the thought-leadership and opinion-forming work of the air finance community within FlightGlobal and be comfortable presenting to industry conferences, workshops or similar face-to-face events.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries. http://www.reedbusiness.com
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI General Benefits Package:
- Pension Scheme
- 29 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
- Life Insurance (4x salary)
- Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
- Competitive Salaries
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.