Whole Engine Thermal Analysis Specialist
· Conducting thermo-mechanical analysis for the calculation of component temperatures and displacements to support the design and lifing of these components.
· Generating thermo-mechanical models including setting up the proper heat transfer boundary conditions, e.g. relation between external flow pattern and convective heat transfer coefficient.
· Analysing relative movements and optimisation of seal and tip clearances on whole engine level.
· Defining and analysing validation and approval tests, incl. required instrumentation.
· Interacting with other technical units, particularly as regards component design and thermal analysis.
· Improving method and coordinating research activities and assisting in securing new projects as part of the company's approved R&T strategy.
· Compiling technical reports for engine certification and approval of design changes.
Qualifications / Experience:
· Above-average academic track record, with Diploma or Master's degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or comparable qualifications.
· Excellent skills and knowledge of programming (in Visual Basic, Matlab etc.) in order to write scripts for analysis-task's automation.
· Expertise and know-how in the field of heat transfer, thermo-mechanical analysis, and fluid dynamics as well as state-of-the-art engineering tools such as FEM and CFD.
· Demonstrable 7+ years expertise relating to turbo engines, gas turbines and/or aero engines.
· Well-developed communication skills, with the ability to get your point across in a reasoned manner.
· High degree of professionalism in establishing a close rapport with units within the organisation as well as with external clients.
· Excellent command of English language,
· EU member Passport holder.