Zenon is delighted to be commissioned by one of the UK Premier FBO & Maintenance Repair Organisations to source a Production Controller on a permanent basis for their facilities based in Southend.
As a Production Controller you will take direct responsibility for the organisation, planning, and prioritisation of the flow of work throughout the facilities workshops.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
• Monitor and control resources, both human and material. Review work orders and staffing levels to determine personnel and/or material requirements to meet customer demands.
• Develop specific goals and plans to accomplish the work and hit deadlines.
• Plan turn round times against commitments for each workshop.
• Confer with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes. Revise turn round times and schedules when required due to labour or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, or engineering.
• Compile information such as progress, predicted turn round times and customer supplied information, so that status reports can be completed.
• Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, or customers to coordinate production or shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
• Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules
• Monitor documents, CMM’s and SRM’s, materials, products and work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications. Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
• Provide documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, or changes to cost estimates.
• Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyse information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Identify information by categorizing, estimating and recognizing differences or similarities and detect changes in circumstances or events liable to disrupt production.
• Monitor and review information from materials, events, or the environment to detect or assess problems.
• Communicate with people outside the organization as and when required, representing the organization to customers, the public, government and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, by telephone or e-mail
• Establish and prepare product construction directions and locations and information on required tools, materials, equipment, numbers of workers needed, and cost projections
• Develop and Build Teams - Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
• Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships by developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
• Provide motivation, guidance and direction to subordinates, setting K.P.I.’s and monitoring performance
• Identify the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Coordinate the work and activities of others by encouraging members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks
Minimum Skills and Experience:-
• Must have aviation/aerospace experience, preferably within a repair/overhaul workshop environment.
• At least 5 years’ experience within a production control environment ideally within the aerospace sector.
• Experience of Electrical Engineering, Production Management and knowledge of Quality Management Systems
• The ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation working with experienced supervisors and staff to develop their knowledge and skills.
• The ability to produce reports and KPI’s
• Mange workflow to meet customer deadlines
• Qualifications in Mechanical Engineering to a minimum of HND / Higher Education.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence.
Unfortunately only shortlisted candidates with the ability to work within the EU without a work permit will be contacted.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this vacancy.