Director Flight Operations
Director Flight Operations
- The formulation, administration and control of the Company's flight operations policy relating to operating standards, flight safety and flight training and the development and promulgation of standard operating techniques and in-flight procedures so as to ensure a safe and efficient flight operations by the Company, in accordance with all statutory requirements at all times.
- Ensuring that, in liaison with the Director Ground Operations, Head of Training, Fleet Managers, Flight Safety Officer, and Continuing Airworthiness Manager, Company policy and procedures are promulgated in the JAA Operations Manuals,which define the Company Standard Operating Procedures to be followed.
- Liaison with the CAAT Flight Operations Inspectorate to ensure that all Company flight operations are conducted in accordance with the relevant CAAT regulations, applicable Regulations and Schedules, and within the terms of the
Company's Air Operator's Certificate, and the maintenance of this Certificate and other required licenses and permits.
- Ensuring that the Chief Executive Officer is kept fully aware of legal, statutory and mandatory regulations applicable to flight operations, and making such recommendations as are appropriate for necessary improvements within the Flight Operations Department.
- The appointment, in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer, Director of HR of the Head of Training Flight Training Manager), and the satisfactory performance of his duties.
- Ensuring that the Company maintains the highest achievable standards of flight safety and efficiency by supporting industry and regulatory initiatives, the prompt closure of Compliance audit non-conformances, and the adoption of safety management practices within the Company.
- The efficient administration of the Flight Operations Department in all its aspects including staff performance, the discipline and management of pilots within the Company, and participation in the selection of operations, cockpit and cabin crew.
- Carrying out such other duties as may from time to time be assigned to him by the Chief Executive Officer.
- The collection and dissemination of information contained in airworthiness circulars and notices, and any other information affecting safety or regulation of flight operations.
- The production of Operations Manuals amendments, including the promulgation of Notices to Aircrew.
- In conjunction with the Director Ground Operations, promoting a system of quality control in flight operations by the periodic inspection of returned flight documentation. Ensuring that any deficiencies found are brought to the attention of the crew members concerned, or, for more wide-spread deficiencies, appropriate Notices to Aircrew are issued. The maintenance of an internal audit procedure to ensure operational safety levels are maintained throughout.
- Overall responsibility for the safe and legal operation of the JAA FTL scheme. Rostering and day to day control of the operation of the JAA FTL scheme will be vested in the Director Ground Operations, but the Director Flight Operations retains overall accountability for its safe and legal operation.Review of all Commanders Discretion Reports (CDR's), in conjunction with the Director Ground Operations, generated by the Company's operation, the instigation of corrective action as necessary
- Monitoring the deployment of company pilots with special reference to recency requirements and validity of checks, tests and licenses, and liaison with the Head of Training on these matters.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 15 years' experience in Aviation / Airline industry
- Education to graduate level with an Aeronautical Engineering certificate preferable
- Previously a licensed aircraft engineer advantageous
- At least 5 years Operational management experience with proven qualification
- Experience working within a busy international airline
- Conversant with EASA and a previous post holder preferable
- A successful track record in Senior Management holding or having held an EASA ATPL
- Experience in leading a multicultural workforce
- Track record in managing change and delegating policies to achieve those changes
- Holder of a current Boeing 767 Type Rating.
- Management, leadership and multi skilled
- Talent for motivating people and the ability to lead change
- Strategic thinker with a strong diagnostic mind
- Hands on with a can do' attitude
- Diplomatic with cultural awareness
Management - Able to identify direction for self and others, motivating and effectively coordinating staffing and resource requirements. Capacity to use judgment and evaluate situations in order to make decisions following through to
appropriate action and results.
Achieving Results - Results driven, able to make sound judgments over competing priorities, use initiative and actively assess the course of action to set and accomplish targets.
Strategic Thinking - Able to identify a vision along with the plans which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions, issues in the short, medium and long term.
Analytical Thinking - Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts and explore and evaluate them systematically.
Flexibility - Adapts easily to change and responds flexibly to a changing and evolving environment, provides momentum when driving change and involves others when building plans for change.
Resilience - Ability to work under pressure and manage personal effectiveness in face of challenge. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterized by commitment, energy and motivation.
Teamwork - Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse and multi-cultural workforce in a variety of locations, working cooperatively with others. The ability to build and contribute to a team as well as work independently within a given framework.
Communication - Strong communication, influencing and presentation skills both verbal and written. Able to get one's message understood by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience.