Operational Control Centre Manager
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Manager Operations Control Centre (MOCC) will be responsible for developing, leading and directing, overseeing and managing all aspects of the Operations Control Center while developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders, and in particular the Airlines Senior Management team. The job holder will be the central authority to establish and modify policies for the operational control process and will have overall responsible for performance and delivery of the OCC department. In addition, the job holder will also be responsible for setting up and managing an effective and workable emergency response system for the airline.
- Lead and Manage the OCC team to achieve operational integrity of the schedule, full legal compliance within the operation and ensuring sound economic decision making processes are employed.
- Introduce and manage robust operating procedures thereby reducing the possibility of an aircraft accident and mitigating disruption impacts.
- Manage OCC and network operational performance to ensure that cost effective and consistent disruption recovery responses are initiated / implemented.
- Manage and ensure continuous flight-watch is carried out effectively to provide the best possible assistance in case of any deviation or diversion from the normal operational plan.
- Manage and ensure a satisfactory balance of On Time Performance (OTP), interdependency and customer service in line with the company's business goals.
- Lead the OCC team through the design, development and implementation of integrated cross functional and network delivery processes that supports and enables the OCC and the operational network to consistently meet its integrated network network delivery operational plans and performance goals.Establish and maintain strong and effective working relationships will all relevant departments (including but not limited to Maintenance, Commercial, Corporate Planning, Flight Operations, Cabin Crew, Catering, Cargo, Ground Services, other regulatory bodies, the Chief Pilot and DFO).
- Lead daily on time performance meetings with relevant stakeholders to review and correct any operational problems while providing feedback to help optimize the schedule and prevent recurrent delays.
- Analyze existing manpower resources and manpower planning to achieve balanced cabin crew and Pilot numbers by implementing processes and systems aimed at removing operational complexity and optimizing workflow.
- Mentor and coach OCC staff to enable them to reach their potential, create succession plans to allow business continuity. This to be conducted in an environment that encourages and supports empowerment, initiative and accountability.
- Develop staff through contributing to and regularly undertaking performance appraisals and make appropriate recommendations on career direction.
- Design and develop effective staff training solutions, ensuring mandatory, professional and quality standards are specified and delivered.
- Ensure all regulatory training requirements for OCC staff are met and their records are maintained;
- Manage the design, development and implementation of effective emergency response plans through a process of audit, validation and recommendations for improvement, that are aligned to corporate standards across JAA operations.
- Manage written recommendations and non-conformities to ensure that necessary approvals and implementation are followed up.
- Attend regulatory Emergency Planning Working Committee meetings, representing JAA's interests at these meetings and lobbying for any necessary actions required of the regulatory authorities in order to continually improve its Emergency Response standards, processes and procedures.
- Identify adverse trends that may impact on the standards of emergency response requirements jointly with relevant stake holders.
- Analyze and identify areas for cost reduction and recommend the same to management
- Design and implement cost reduction plans across the identified areas after achieving a consensus and obtaining the buy-in of all concerned stakeholders.
- Be responsible for preparing the annual budget for the OCC department and ensuring strict compliance to approved budgets.
- Assess existing operational systems and ensure that they continue to meet the current and future demands of the airline. Where required, research, evaluate suitability and recommend suitable replacement IT systems.
- Actively ensure the safety and security of all people, assets, systems and procedures engaged in or associated with own area of responsibility or otherwise under own control or influence.
- Comply with all applicable business and industry specific legislative/regulatory requirements.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree with Flight Dispatcher License or previous experience in an airline with Network Operations / OCC
- Knowledgeable on / literate with IT systems relevant to airline operations such as Jeppesen.
- 10 years' airline operational experience in a leadership role or 15 years' experience at an airline.
- Fully conversant with Manpower Resource Planning, Operations Control, Aircraft Planning, Crew Duty Regulations, Operational systems, Slot/Scheduling Management, Flight Planning (Fuel and ATC), fleet configuration, payload capacity and flying times, Airport Operations, Emergency Planning, etc.
- Previous experience in driving and managing change within a complex and structured environment.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, Thai & Chinese.
- JOB RELATED SKILLS
- Highly attuned communication skills
- Proven track record of effectively managing staff in a time pressure shift work environment
- Ability to quickly analyze and decide a course of action
- Systems literate and technology astute
- Strong and competent communicator
- Demonstrated effective leadership capabilities
- Confident and self-motivated
- Comfortable taking and accepting responsibility
- Able to delegate and work under intensive time pressures
- Financial Acumen and cost orientation
- Management - Able to identify direction for self and others, motivating and effectively coordinating staffing and resource requirements. Capacity to use judgment and evaluate situations in order to make decisions following through to appropriate action and results.
- Achieving Results - Results driven, able to make sound judgments over competing priorities, use initiative and actively assess the course of action to set and accomplish targets.
- Strategic Thinking - Able to identify a vision along with the plans which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions, issues in the short, medium and long term.
- Analytical Thinking - Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts and explore and evaluate them systematically.
- Flexibility - Adapts easily to change and responds flexibly to a changing and evolving environment, provides momentum when driving change and involves others when building plans for change.
- Resilience - Ability to work under pressure and manage personal effectiveness in face of challenge. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterized by commitment, energy and motivation.
- Teamwork - Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse and multi-cultural workforce in a variety of locations, working cooperatively with others. The ability to build and contribute to a team as well as work independently within a given framework.
- Communication - Strong communication, influencing and presentation skills both verbal and written. Able to get one's message understood by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience.