7 days left
- Full Time
The Commercial Department is responsible for driving revenue and maximizing profitability for the airline. The Position of Commercial Director is key to establishing this critical element of the company business structure in line with current and future growth plans of the airline.
Reporting to the President the CD will be responsible for re-establishing the JAA Commercial department and all related operations in line with achieving all commercial aspects of the company.
Establishing an efficient and effective Commercial unit and staffing it with the highly experienced
The Commercial Director will be responsible for identifying new commercial opportunities and driving growth across the Company's business activities.
Through a strategic approach to market and business development, the Commercial Director will significantly shape the development of the company's strategy by maximizing flight revenue and optimizing ancillary revenue opportunities.
The Commercial Director will also play an instrumental role in working with teams responsible for customer aspects to deliver customer service excellence.
She/he will be responsible for the commercial budget to meet the Company's strategic and operational business plans.
The Commercial Director has the overall responsibility of every facet of the Commercial Department; the staff, the performance, and the overall results. The CD is responsible for revenue production, sales quotas, and the profitability of all sales promotions and programs, thorough the management of traffic, yields and costs of sales.
- Provides input at the officer level related to any company issues which impact revenue or cost.
- Proposes business solutions to achieve profitability.
- Determines the objectives of the Commercial department.
- Provides strategic and tactical direction to the Commercial departments (sales, marketing, advertising, distribution and revenue management)
- Establishes selling priorities and oversees the sales performance of the company
- Responsible for the budget of the commercial area, including the costs of sales, distribution and other costs associated with revenue production
- Responsible for the branding and image of the company
- Ability to hire and terminate any Commercial role within the airline
- Ensures that company meets all government requirements in the commercial area.
- Besides over responsibility for Commercial Operations, the Commercial Director will have responsibility to HR and Finance.
Specific Commercial Director responsibilities
- GSA Appointment
- GSA Performance Management
- Fare Strategy
- Fare Creation
- Analysis of potential future destinations
- Buildup of interline partnerships
- Negotiate SPA's with interline partners
- E-commerce build up via the JAA website
- Ensure Altea is back up and running and properly managed for optimal value creation to JAA
- Enter into agreements with OTA relevant to each market
- Enter in GDS relevant to each market
- Collaborate with Revenue Management to ensure route profitability
- Provide input in the schedule building process (Slot times, etc.)
- Create ancillary revenue through our website and other means (White label car rental & hotel, insurance, etc.)
- Marketing Strategy (including capturing of passenger data)
- Manage Budget for sales and Marketing
- In Thailand produce a productivity bonus scheme for travel agents
- Load Factor
- Sales Report - Broken down by sales channel and route, Average fare per sector.
- Marketing Report - ROI on capital deployed, strategy avaluation (Digital, print, promotions, collaborations etc.)
Create 2-way traffic to China
Engage the tourism authorities in Thailand and from other places we fly for support
- EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
*Over 15 years work experience out of which 10 years should be at management level in a related discipline.
- Possess a deep understanding of the airline industry and a comprehensive knowledge of commercial aviation challenges.
- Have an in-depth understanding of The Amadeus Altea reservation system
- Be strategically minded, service oriented and commercially focused.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of airline passenger sales and marketing, marketing communications and customer service.
- Should have the capability of setting up the department from scratch to cope with the planned growth of the airline.
- You must display a proven leadership record with a demonstrated ability to engage and inspire the team to deliver organizational objectives.
- Required to be result oriented, flexible in approach and able to produce results in a challenging environment.
- Ideal candidate should have work experience in the ASEAN China and African Regions.
Management - Able to identify direction for self and others, motivating and effectively coordinating staffing and resource requirements. Capacity to use judgment and evaluate situations in order to make decisions following through to appropriate action and results.
Achieving Results - Results driven, able to make sound judgments over competing priorities, use initiative and actively assess the course of action to set and accomplish targets.
Strategic Thinking - Able to identify a vision along with the plans which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions, issues in the short, medium and long term.
Analytical Thinking - Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts and explore and evaluate them systematically.
Flexibility - Adapts easily to change and responds flexibly to a changing and evolving environment, provides momentum when driving change and involves others when building plans for change.
Resilience - Ability to work under pressure and manage personal effectiveness in face of challenge. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterized by commitment, energy and motivation.
Teamwork - Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse and multi-cultural workforce in a variety of locations, working cooperatively with others. The ability to build and contribute to a team as well as work independently within a given framework.
Communication - Strong communication, influencing and presentation skills both verbal and written. Able to get one's message understood by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience.
Apply for Commercial Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly