Maintenance Operations Engineer - Norwegian Air UK - Gatwick
Position: Maintenance Operations Engineer.
Working hours: Monday-Friday 0800-1700.
Location: Norwegian Air UK, London Gatwick Airport, London UK
The Engineering Department in Norwegian is part of the Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation responsible for the 737 & 787 fleet. The department is looking for a Maintenance Operations Engineer to join the team based in Gatwick, reporting to the Maintenance Operation Manager.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Control and oversight of subcontracted continuing airworthiness activities performed by approved EASA Part M & Part 145 organisations, in accordance with EASA Part M Subpart G
- Active control monitoring of deferred defects, scheduled tasks, and work packs for maintenance inputs and engine changes ensuring rectification within deadlines.
- Utilising and acting on data trends provided by the engine health and aircraft health monitoring systems.
- Checking that all performed maintenance is verified according to approved procedures with reference to the NUK CAME, technical procedures manual and maintenance manuals.
- Ensure that records and documentations are completed and updated in the Maintenance Engineering Management MRO system.
- Follow up interface between contractors and sub-contractors (Part-145/Part-M/Part-21).
- Attend daily meetings with the MRO and subcontracted organisations
- Management of customer furnished parts and materials, maintaining adequate stock levels throughout the network.
- Liaising with OEM’s to increase reliability of their products and reduce removal rate/deferred defect rate.
- Liaise with Regulatory Authorities and relevant legal counsel for the registration process of newly delivered aircraft and for the movement/transfer of aircraft between AOC’s.
- Reviewing supplier contracts to ensure agreed service levels are met and product performance is within the contracted criteria.
- Additional work according to CAME and Company needs.
- Professional Engineering B1, B2, or equivalent Aeronautical engineering qualification, with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a technical role in commercial aviation.
- Flexible attitude, team spirit, able to manage different levels of workload.
- Strong analytical capability with excellent MS office suite skills & MRO systems.
- Awareness of material planning principles.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with supplier’s at all functional levels.
- Proven ability to achieve goals while working under tight time constraints while maintaining technical standards and integrity.
Please note, as part of the process you must also apply directly on the Norwegian careers site
More jobs like this
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Aerospace Engineering jobs in London (Greater)
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Advanced Technologies jobs in London (Greater)
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Electronic and Electrical Engineering jobs in London (Greater)
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Avionics Engineer jobs in London (Greater)
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Engineering Product Lifecycle Management jobs in London (Greater)