ATM Systems Validation & Integration Specialist
3 days left
- Full Time
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016.
We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focussing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure sufficient oversight exist within the dans ATMS department related to the Integration and Validation of all the systems under the responsibility of the dans ATMS department. The candidate shall be overall responsible for the accurate and safe integration of all new and/or enhancements within the ATMS environment.
The complexity of the integration is guided by in-depth knowledge of ICD’s (Interface control document) and underlying protocols. The candidate shall also be fully responsible for the validation and acceptance of new and/or enhancements within the ATMS Department. This role is defined as one of the pivot roles within the dans ATMS Department.
STRUCTURE AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
The job holder maintains contact with a variety of entities internally including ATC, AIM, ATES Operational Teams, OES; Training, and Safety & Standards. All these interfaces requires the jobholder to communicate from specialists to Operational Managers ensuring compliance to established integration, test & validation methodologies and/or regulatory guidelines.
Externally, entities include Dubai Airports stakeholders, contractors, suppliers and adjacent ANSP’s technical teams. The role ensures coordination related to integration, test and validation of their systems to those under the dans responsibility or any new/enhanced systems under procurement.
The jobholder signs off all work within his section as per well-established procedures.
The jobholder provides technical support for the department with short and long term operational/ tactical responsibilities. Main focus is related to the Integration, Test & Validation of enhancements and/or new systems within the responsibility of the ATMS Department.
The jobholder is required to manage multiple and/or conflicting activities. Makes decisions in situations that fall outside established guidelines or where the choice among options is less obvious. Errors made by the jobholder could result in down grading of systems operation.
Number of Direct Reports: 1
* Validate and support to ensure provision of efficient and safe day to day operations and deliver an effective CNS services in compliance with ATMS Systems and regulatory requirements.
* Provide technical and administrative advice to ATMS team and promote innovative ideas, original developments, knowledge sharing and development.
* Ensure the upgrades and changes are validated and tested in a safe and effective manner in consultation with the appropriate operational managers prior to implementation into live operational environment
* Liaise with Operation managers to support the implementation of projects, technical transfer and acceptance of equipment and new assets into service related to integration.
* Liaise with operations managers to identify, assess and manage operational risk thus ensuring the continuous operations of Air Traffic control without and integration interruption.
Essential technical and professional skills , knowledge and qualifications
Qualifications and Education:
* The candidate shall have as a minimum, either a Bachelor Degree or a Higher Diploma in Electronic Engineering from a reputable institution.
* Within the formal education, strong emphasis on System Engineering within the ATM (Air Traffic Management) environment is required.
* Formal training related to Software Development, ATM Interface Protocols, and adaptation required.
* Minimum 10 years’ experience in the CNS/ATM environment
* Minimum of 5 years of testing and implementing ATS equipment into operational service
* Demonstrated experience in design reviews, Factory Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing of ATS equipment
* Two of the four recognised group ratings of Communications, Surveillance, Navigation and Data processing or
* Group rating in specialist field and subject matter expert.
* Relevant certificates of competency on ATM System equipment that meet international or national regulatory standards. All type-2 competencies should be current under the ATSEP standard.
* Formal training from ICAO, INCOSE, IATA and advantage
* Degree from an accredited university in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
* Relevant licenses and certificates of competency that meet international or national regulatory standards
* Knowledge of relevant local, national, and international recommendations and standards
* Knowledge of a wide range of ATS equipment
* Knowledge of test environments and interpretation of ICD’s
* Knowledge of project management processes
* Knowledge of ASBU and implementation an advantage
* Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
Additional/special features of the role
* Jobholder works in a variety of conditions from air-conditioned office to open air environment subject to the work in hand. The physical effort expended by jobholder is light in normal operating conditions. Hours can be subject to operational requirements so the jobholder might work outside of normal working hours.
* The jobholder may be required to travel from time to time dependant on the nature of the enhancement and/or procurement of new product or services; here the jobholder will ensure full compliance to the approved testing regimes, ICD validation and integration to existing systems without negatively impacting operations and/or systems.
* Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
* Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
* To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
* Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
* Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.