Head of Training (EASA) - Europe
Head of Training (EASA)
Based in Huesca, Spain or Oxford, UK
Airways Aviation is driven by a commitment to make aviation accessible to anyone who shares the joy of flying. Airways’ philosophy is to train future commercial pilots and develop industry leaders by providing access to world-class training facilities, a state-of-the-art fleet and the world’s leading aviation instructors and educators. Airways equips future generations of pilots with the skills, knowledge and qualifications they need to succeed in their chosen aviation careers. Pilot Training Academies located in the UK, Spain, Montenegro and Australia, provide centralised locations for advanced flight and theory training that prepares students to fly for international commercial airlines.
Airways Aviation is now seeking to appoint a Head of Training for its Spanish and UK Flight School. Reporting to the General Manager Europe, you will be responsible for the academic operations of the Airways Aviation Academy Flight School, including safety, quality and compliance. In this position you will coordinate the fleet, maintenance activities and student outcomes. Whilst the role will require you to follow established procedures, you will also have the ability to adapt and innovate as the situation may require including ensuring transparency of issues with a solution focused approach. You will also have full accountability for the safe operations of the company, including safe operation of company aircraft in line with EASA, CAA and company requirements.
In this role you will build a strong working relationship with the local Academy team and in particular the training teams in the UK and Spain. This will be a hands on role with responsibilities including developing and managing the Flight Instructors, coordinating all fleet, crew and training outcomes for students. You will be required to provide strong leadership to ensure that targets are being met and performance is being optimised. At Airways Aviation we have a strong focus on quality with a continuous drive towards process improvement & customer satisfaction.
- Hold or have held a professional pilot license (EASA ATPL) in the last 3 years.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to motivate and encourage staff, to deal effectively with internal and external contacts ranging from executive to administrative levels.
- Demonstrable record of leadership.
- Extensive experience in training as an instructor for professional pilot license.
- No aircraft accident or aviation related violation convictions.
- Ability to concentrate and work in a fast paced environment.
- Readily accepts changes and adjusts accordingly.
- Solution focussed individual with strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to maintain strong customer orientation under adverse circumstances.
- Unrestricted right to live and work in the UK.
What we offer
Remuneration for the appointment will negotiated with the successful candidate and will be dependent on experience, skills and ability. Airways Aviation offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within Australasia and Europe, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your completed application, including a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and resume, to Mirna Bley by clicking on the 'Apply' button. Applications close Sunday 14th May 2017 (this may be extended depending on the number of applications received).