Aviation Development Manager - Shannon Airport
Aviation Development Manager
Shannon Airport is the most westerly international airport in Europe and strategically located on Ireland’s West coast in one of the most important and fastest growing business corridors in the country. Home to world’s First Duty Free shop and in 2009 the First airport in Europe to offer Full US Preclearance facilities for airlines; it is a vital strategic asset for the continued development of job creation in both industry and tourism.
The Shannon Airport marketing team has considerable knowledge and experience in both the Irish and Overseas markets and now wishes to enhance its team as it increases the level of air services from international markets.
This role will report to and support the Head of Aviation Development in the identification of new route/market opportunities and in converting these opportunities into sustainable and viable routes and services for Shannon Airport. A particular focus of this role will be in developing and analysing market data and intelligence to support route development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide insights and analyses to support the Airports strategic plan for market development.
- Develop and maintain databases, analysing and interpreting the data for reports and presentations.
- Understand and track key airlines’ strategies as well as other industry trends, to identify opportunities for Shannon which may arise.
- Build detailed and robust traffic and revenue forecasts and models, drawing on travel statistics, industry data (MIDT etc.), macroeconomic statistics and other relevant sources.
Sales & Commercial:-
- Develop and maintain relationships with key airlines (passenger and cargo) and deliver compelling business cases for presentation to airline executives.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for existing and new operators to serve Shannon.
- Work with business groups, Tourism Ireland, and other stakeholders to influence the route development plans of airlines and tour operators.
- Develop relationships with local exporters, freight forwarders and integrators to enhance Shannon’s cargo activity and to build business cases for enhanced cargo service
- Drive and develop knowledge and understanding of trends, data, etc. in the cargo community.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Proven analytical ability particularly in commercial and aviation related activity
- Strategic vision and ability to perceive opportunities
- Confident and professional communicator with the ability to deal with individuals at all levels
- Highly proficient in IT (MS Office suite in particular)
- Good knowledge of or experience in a marketing environment
- In-Depth Knowledge of Airline/Airport Industry and Airline economics
- Airline route forecasting e.g. MIDT and QSI Modelling
- Commercial reporting and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, international business, finance/economics, aviation management or a related field
More searches like this
- Aviation and Airlines £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Ireland
- Flight Operations £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Ireland
- Business Services £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Ireland
- Facilities £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Ireland
- Human Resources £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Ireland