Measurement Engineer - Aero Engine
- Focal point for experiment instrumentation requirements, and consolidation of parameters for a given test program. Lead reviews of experiment instrumentation requirements and ensure that optimum instrumentation requirements are selected.
- Carry out measurement capability assessments and identify gaps in capability, in conjuncture with test facilities and special measurement teams.
- Ensure reporting of the status of instrumentation for the given test program is presented to the project and wider business at regular intervals. Ensure that the individual instrumentation designs meet the intent of the experiment requirements and can be readily used for test execution.
- Provide build instrumentation definition, instrumentation rigging and test bed data system configuration instructions, in line with project events diary requirements.
- Support instrumentation aspects of vehicle build activities to ensure quality and timescales are met as per project requirements. Support instrumentation hook-up and test execution activities and manage changes during the test program, to ensure that data is delivered in-line with experiment requirements and project requirements.
- Ensure that preparation, application, build and test execution lessons learned relating to measurement are captured. Provide relevant inputs for off-test reporting.
- Support development of new tools and measurement techniques to increase the effectiveness of the Vehicle Measurement Engineer role and the wider organisation.
- Degree in engineering, with an emphasis on aerospace technology or mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Experience (+ 7 years) of measurement technology within Aerospace environment.
- Sound technical understanding (+ 5 years) of gas turbines.
- Demonstrable track record in project management.
- Hands-on experience in MS Office and MS Project, preferably complemented by knowledge of databases,
- Well-developed communication skills and team spirit.
- Fluent in English and German languages, both written and spoken.
- For test support, travel is expected to remote test sites for short periods.
- EU member Passport holder.