Head of Ground Operations- Melbourne, Australia
Head of Ground Operations
Work Type: Permanent Full Time
At Jetstar, you can expect the unexpected. Innovation is at the heart of how we operate and how we thrive in a competitive airline industry. We are proud of our rapid growth and success over our 13-year lifetime and we are proud of our many achievements that now position us as the leading value-based airline operating across Australia and New Zealand.
We are currently looking for an experienced operations-focused manager to take the helm of our Ground Operations team by leading and developing service-based professionals at all levels.
Reporting directly to the Jetstar Airways CEO and located in Melbourne, this challenging Senior Leadership opportunity will be responsible for leading and directing the safe and efficient operation of airports throughout the Jetstar network at both domestic and international airports.
Reporting directly to the JANZ CEO and located primarily in Melbourne, some responsibilities in this senior leadership opportunity include:
- Ensuring safety considerations are placed at the heart of the operation and promoting a culture of continuous improvement across the Jetstar safety effort. Additionally, ensuring that Jetstar Airways consistently meet all safety, compliance and regulatory requirements
- Leading a performance driven culture across a mixture of third party contracted and Jetstar employed operations team members
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement across 37 domestic and international airports
- Ensuring that Jetstar Airways consistently meet the Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators for contracted airport handling agents and third party service providers
- Creating an engaged, motivated and productive workforce who live and breathe the Jetstar cultural values
- Representing Jetstar Airways to negotiate all employment instruments with unions
- Effectively monitoring and recommending strategic planning and development of Airports
- The overall planning, monitoring and control of contracted Domestic and International Airports Operating and Capital Expenditure budgets
To be successful in this role, you will fulfil the following requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing effective safety outcomes in a complex operational environment
- Exposure to leading and managing a team of senior managers, with proven track record in consistently exceeding set metrics
- Possession of strong commercial acumen with prior success of implementing change in a fast paced operational environment
- Demonstrated track record of leading strategic change in a complex operational environment
- Ability to influence and manage both direct and indirect reports
- Prior experience working with unions and knowledge of aviation compliance requirements will be highly regarded.
- Willingness to travel regularly from your base in the Melbourne Head Office
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft. Our vision is to make the world more accessible, and our mission is to set the standard for everyday low fares, fun travel and great value.
Reference Number: 496951