Administration Assistant - Iraqi National
4 days left
- Full Time
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE.
We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focussing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
Reporting to: Business Support Manager
Division / Function: Serco Middle East Aviation
Base location: Baghdad
The purpose of this role is to take responsibility of organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Structure and reporting relationship
* Reporting to the Business Support Manager
* Based on the specific requirement of the role
Tasks which would be designated to the position would include providing assistance for the following:
* Maintain office efficiency at all times,
* Maintain office records in a confidential, organized manner.
* Responsible for co-ordinating with our partners for Airport Security Passes for Serco employees and visitors.
* Main admin support function for Serco Managers at Baghdad
* Work co-operatively with Serco Baghdad Management team to provide additional support when necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
* Procuring of stationary and other camp and office related items from local market
* Creating and maintaining documents and spread sheets when required
* Ensuring the office and restroom are maintained by overseeing the cleaning activities of the cleaner
* Office Maintenance.
Essential technical and professional skills , knowledge and qualifications
* The jobholder will be educated to high school level and have obtained High School Certificates in at least English.
* Have excellent Arabic and English language skills both orally and written.
* Proficiency in basic word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
* Good understanding of general administrative procedures.
* Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures/processes.
* Preferably Should be local national
* Demonstrable communication skills in a multi cultural environment
* Possession of good IT skills.
* Able to hold sensitive and confidential materials in strict confidence.
* Additional/special features of the role
* HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
* To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by acts or omissions;
* Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among peers, subcontractors and third parties;
* Lead by example and look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes in this regard within/outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings and any other appropriate available channels;
* Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental;
* Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties in a privileged position of being able
* To fully deliver against their own 2016 Safety Commitments.
* To arrive for the start of their duties fit and well and to end their duties no less so.
* To actively demonstrate exemplary personal safety leadership behaviours at all times.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.