Aeronautical Information Service Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focussing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
Reporting to : Operations Manager
Base location : Baghdad
The AIS Manager is responsible for assisting the ICAA AIS Manager in developing a National AIS system for Iraq and eventually developing an AIS to AIM Transition plan in accordance with ICAO Standards and best practices in addition to assisting ICAA AIS Manager with the strategic and tactical operations of AIS Unit reporting to the Director Air Traffic Services (ATS), Iraq Civil Aviation Authority.
* Tasks which would be designated to the position would include providing assistance for the following:
* Develop and present a national AIS System Road Map by defining operational and technical requirements
* Develop and implement workflows and standards for Dynamic and Static Data operations
* Follow up and assist in the AIS automation.
* Prepare AIS Training Documentation and conduct necessary training where necessary to AIS Staff
* Prepare Guidance Materials for AIS staff to enable them to work in a standard manner.
* Prepare the documentation related to AIS automation.
* Develop a national plan for AIS to AIM Transition in line with ICAO Roadmap
* Develop roles and responsibilities for AIS Sections in addition to job descriptions
* Specify technical and administrative issues to implement the quality management system (ISO) in the AIS Department according to ICAO SARPs.
* Perform a review of present AIP and update the AIP in accordance with the data received
* Prepare Service Level Agreements with the data providers and establish connection between the data providers and the AIS Headquarters
* Introduce and follow up the quality management system (ISO).
* Prepare work plan for the development of AIS (AIS web, automation, etc.).
* Perform other related duties as may be required.
* Assist ICAA in AIS issues where coordination is needed in different Areas (ATS, CNS, MET, AGA)
* Assist ICAA in establishing relationship with international organisations and neighbouring States
* Liaise with Aircraft Operators in AIS Matters on behalf of ICAA and Assist ICAA in regional and international meetings in different areas
* Interfaces and required to influence ICAA AIS Manager as well as ATS Manager and its superiors to deliver a new national AIS System
* Interfaces with international organisations to ask their help to encourage ICAA
* Typically has no direct reports
* Thorough knowledge of ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) and Procedures for Air Navigation Services (PANS) relating to AIS, as well as Annexes 4, 14 and 15.
* Knowledge of ISO and AIS automation.
* Knowledge on Airspace Planning and charting recommended
* Ability to work alone and be self motivated
* Ability to manage people successfully especially the customer
* Ability to prepare monthly reports and when required and present these to the client.
* Possess excellent report writing skills.
* Ability to monitor deadlines and performance in-line with required standards outlined within contract.
* A proactive and responsible approach to work with initiative and problem solving capability.
* Ability to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff at all levels in the organisation.
* Ability to understand complex systems and possess good IT skills.
* Flexibility, excellent attention to detail, ability to identify key issues and manage an environment of regular change.
* Ability to think strategically, execute quickly and adjust plans to meet organizational needs.
* Able to hold sensitive and confidential materials in strict confidence.
* Able to work independently under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment.
* Function as a resourceful and proactive team member.
* Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines and schedules.
* Strong analytical skills; ability to work with complex issues and detailed information.
* Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams.
* Good judgment and decision-making skills.
* Adapt well to changing priorities.
* An assertive completer finisher with high level personal presence and credibility.
* Intuitive with outstanding interpersonal influencing and communication skills able to develop and motivate others.
* Ability to align strategic and operational needs with training programs and organizational development efforts.
* Ability to see problems as opportunities and to manage well under pressure.
* Ability to influence senior management and establish and maintain collaborative partnerships.
* Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and in speaking and convey complex information in an easily understood format.
* In-depth ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
* Ability and experience in providing AIS training.
* Demonstrated ability to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information before making recommendations.
* Extensive experience in a modern, up-to-date environment, at increasing levels of responsibility, leading to supervisory level in Air Navigation Services (ANS) and Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) in large government, international organization or aviation industry.
* Senior level experience in organization and management of Aeronautical Information Service.
* (AIS) in a civil authority, ATS provider, airport or an international organization
* Experience of managing people and the provision of services to a corporate client.
* Experience in the implementation / development of a national AIS System
* Experience in AIS to AIM Transition work in accordance with ICAO Roadmap
* Conversant with the requirements of all current relevant legislation.
* Experience in a multi-cultural environment and good relations with international organisations.
* Middle East experiences an asset
* Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.