Zenon is delighted to be commissioned by one of the UK’s Premier FBO & Maintenance Repair Organisations to source a Materials Manager on a permanent basis for their facilities based in the London Airports Region.
• Competitive Salary
• Pension Scheme
• Medical Insurance
Main Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Implement strategic supply chain plans to support long term business goals
• Developing, implementing and improving policies and procedures for Materials Purchasing, Freight, Storage, handling and control of materials.
• The overall management of the Company materials, parts and supplies procurement, storage and logistics.
• Maintaining economic departmental costs and expenditure within allocated budgets and advising and seeking approval from the Managing Director of any variance.
• Ensuring correct materials handling, storage conditions and facilities are maintained to regulation standards.
• Optimising the Company’s investment in materials and parts.
• Ensuring that orders for aeronautical parts and supplies are only placed upon approved suppliers, and assessment of supplier performance liaison with suppliers.
• The overall management of the system which ensure the continuous serviceability and calibration of tooling and equipment.
• Liaison with other departments and customers on all matters relating to materials and parts.
• Ensuring materials contractual awareness.
• Ensuring adequate Stores and Purchasing Staff levels, and the development and training of them.
• Materials quality standards and compliance with the Company Quality system.
• Developing, Production and Review of department procedures and ensuring all staff understand and adhere to Company procedures.
• Compliance with the Company Quality, Health and Safety and the environmental policies.
• Ensuring compliance with the Company Safety System in respect of actively advocating, promoting and implementing safety policy – identification, assessment and resolution of risks and hazards, ensuring operational safety in the workplace, implementing corrective actions within required timescales, ensuring all directly reporting staff are trained and remain actively aware and comply with requirements of the Company safety system.
• Actively participate in the Company Management and Safety forums.
Minimum Skills and Experience:-
• Proven experience as a materials manager
• Experience in shipping and receiving
• Familiarity with supply chain and inventory management systems
• Understanding of forecasting and budgeting
• Experience of implementing; KPIs, LEAN and continuous improvement processes Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Experience in development and deployment of Supply Chain Management strategies.
• Inventory management experience.
• Proven track record of supplier relationship management experience.
• People management experience and strong leadership skills.
• Experience implementing ERP and MRP tools
• Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Experience of negotiating long term complex supplier agreements.
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with you application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to email@example.com in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Manager Kevin Small, please phone +44 (0)1483 397383.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the EU will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.