Design Project Lead - UK
Design Project Lead
Responsible to the HDO for the delivery of the design and certification packages. Lead the project team in all elements of design related to a specific project(s
Top 4 Major Tasks and Activities:
- Lead all design elements relating to a particular project(s) including the delivery (on time and to the appropriate quality) of all relevant design and certification data.
- Generate design concepts and support the design engineers in execution of the design and certification package.
- Lead design reviews related to the project(s).
- Provision of support to the production and installation engineers in matters relating to the project(s).
Additional Key Accountabilities:
- Team building, recruitment and selection.
- Coaching design engineers and overseeing their development.
- Design and certification data.
Key Technical Skills / competencies:
- Senior design level (or equivalent) in Avionics/Electrical or Mechanical aerospace design environment. (E)
- Team leadership including the functional supervision of Design Engineers (E)
- Check Signatory for Avionics/Electrical or Mechanical drawings (E)
- Compliance Verification Engineer for avionics/electrical or Mechanical drawings and certification reports as authorized by the Chief of the Office of Airworthiness. (E)
- EASA Part 21 Subpart J (DOA) requirements. (E)
- EASA Part 21 Subpart G (POA) requirements. (D)
- Ability to work to a high and consistent level of accuracy (E)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) (E)
- Experience working within an Aerospace Design Office. (E)
- Experience of the full design life-cycle from conception to delivery of the design package. (E)
- HNC, HND, Degree in a relevant engineering subject (or equivalent). (E)
- An engineering apprenticeship with relevant experience. (D)
- Project management qualification (D)
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.
Apply for Design Project Lead - UK
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly