Avionics Design Engineer - UK
Avionics Design Engineer
Design the integration of avionics/electrical systems into a variety of airborne platforms.
- Production of manufacturing and installation drawings using AutoCAD in compliance with the Design Office Handbook (DOH) and relevant Certification Basis e.g. CS-27.
- Provision of support to the structural/mechanical design engineers in matters relating to electrical/avionics design.
- Provision of support to the production and installation engineers in matters relating to electrical/avionics design.
- Carry out aircraft surveys to define design solutions as required.
- Creation of electrical/avionics installation and manufacturing drawings.
Key Technical Skills / competencies:
- Knowledge of, and the ability to select, appropriate avionics/electrical techniques and solutions for aerospace applications (E)
- Conceptual electrical/avionics design (E)
- Knowledge of aerospace electrical manufacturing processes (E)
- EASA Part 21 Subpart J (DOA) requirements (D)
- EASA Part 21 Subpart G (POA) requirements (D)
- Ability to work to a high and consistent level of accuracy (E)
- Proficient user of AutoCAD (D – training can be provided)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) (E)
- Ability to work as part of a team (E)
- Electrical/avionics Drawing check (D)
- Experience working within an Aerospace Design Office. (E)
- Experience of the full design life-cycle from conception to delivery of the design package. (D)
- HNC, HND, Degree in a relevant engineering subject. (E)
- An engineering apprenticeship with relevant experience. (D)
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.