Simulator Maintenance Engineer
Main Purpose of Job
To help ensure that the in-service Simulation Training Equipment meets the contractual availability.
- To perform all work in conjunction with standard operating procedures for the day-to-day operation of the Simulation Training Equipment.
- To prepare the Simulation Training Equipment for daily operation using operational readiness checks.
- To load the appropriate exercise scenario and other tasks required to prepare for specific training sessions.
- To liaise as necessary with the customer before and after exercises.
- To react quickly and decisively to restore failed equipment, including tools and test equipment, support items and computer software.
- To perform preventative maintenance support on the Simulation Training Equipment and additional associated equipment according to the respective maintenance manuals.
- To monitor system performance and analyse maintenance difficulties.
- To perform all work in accordance with defined safety procedures and contractual standards, processes and procedures.
- To maintain current and accurate documentation.
- To carry out Simulation Qualification testing as and when required by the appropriate authority.
- Sound simulation techniques experience based on working on computer systems, interfaces, hydraulics, instructor stations, image generators and display systems.
- Knowledge and experience of a range of simulation software design methodologies is preferable but not essential.
- Sound aircraft system knowledge.
- PC skills (Word, Excel, etc).
If you are interested and meet the criteria, please submit your details online or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com