Air Traffic Control Officer - Approach - Dubai
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focussing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
ATC Watch Manager
Division / Function
* To direct the movement of aircraft within an assigned airspace to provide a safe, orderly and expeditious air traffic service.
Structure and reporting relationship
* Provides operational plans for weeks ahead, and is required to manage multiple and/or conflicting activities.
* Makes decisions in situations that fall outside established guidelines or where the choice among options is less obvious.
* Supervises, motivates and trains new staff, ensures quality of work, utilization of staff, and achievement of work targets.
* Based on the specific requirement of the role
* Direct the movement of aircraft within an assigned air space and to provide a safe, orderly and expeditious air traffic service
* Prevent collisions between aircraft
* Ensure self-briefing on latest TIs, SIs and weather information, including attendance at daily pre shift briefings
* Coordinate with DXB, SHJ and DWC towers to provide best sequence of inbound and outbound aircraft within the CTA
* Ensure standard separation between all inbound and outbound aircraft in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and unit procedures
* Provide flight information service to aircraft operating in the air traffic control zone and issue IFR/VFR clearances to pilots
* Provide flow control and slot allocation to departing aircraft
* Ensure current flight plans are up to date and update delays as required
* Provide weather information to pilots
* Advise the MET office of significant weather changes
* Monitor aerodrome and approach equipment to ensure serviceability
* Provide alerting service for aircraft in emergency and notify appropriate organizations regarding aircraft in need of search and rescue aid, and assist such organizations as required
* Prepare ROSI (report of the safety incidents) according with reporting procedure for incidents, accidents or safety related occurrences
* Coordinate traffic with adjacent units
* Follow all procedures as laid out through Doc4444.4, CARS and DMATS, including any SI’s, TI’s, Ops Bulletins or Safety Notices.
Essential technical and professional skills , knowledge and qualifications
* Validation of Approach / Terminal ratings for a minimum of 3 years at a major international airport.
* A valid relevant medical certificate
* Successful completion of the relevant ICAO courses
* Successful completion of on the job training
* Full understanding of rules and regulations
* Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
* ATC License
* N.B Assessments will take place in Dubai throughout 2017.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.