Air Traffic Control Officer
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha. Focussing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
Reporting to: Manager Air Traffic Operations
Division / Function: Bahrain Aviation
Base location: Bahrain
Serco are currently seeking expressions of wish from Air Traffic Contollers for Bahrain
Air Traffic Control Officers (ATCOs) would be responsible for providing assistance in the operational day-to-day provision of ATC operations and providing On the Job Training Instruction for Bahraini and Expatriate air traffic control students.
Daily tasks: Tasks which would be designated to the position would include providing assistance for the following:
* Ensure the provision of area radar control service, flight information service and alerting service to aircraft operating in the BAH FIR.
* Maintain a thorough operational knowledge and understanding of the equipment and systems used for the provision of air traffic services in the BAH FIR.
* Provide OJT facilities whilst on watch to ensure the continued progression of Bahraini trainee ATCO’s as well as those ex-pat ATCOs requiring validation on appropriate sectors.
* Distribute as required meteorological information necessary for the safe and orderly handling of traffic.
* Participate in pre-watch briefings for the subsequent watch concerning all known conditions affecting safety and/or regularity of air traffic within the BAH FIR.
* Report failures, abnormal occurrences or any other conditions likely to constitute a safety hazard.
* Observe staff instructions and administrative rules pertaining to conduct in the operational area.
* Provide operational feedback to management on proposed airspace procedure and system changes.
* Report any operational incidents as and when they occur to operational management.
* Practice professionalism and politeness to all users of services provided by the BCAA and to other staff in Air Traffic Services.
* Fulfil as required all other duties related to the role of an Air Traffic Control Officer.
* Interfaces to influence Bahraini OJT students in order to develop the highest standard of air traffic controller for integration into BCAA’s Air Traffic Services section.
* Typically has no direct reports unless requested by Operational Management
* Essential technical and professional skills , knowledge and qualifications
* Comprehensive knowledge of relevant ICAO documentation, in particular Annex 2, Annex 11 and
* Doc 4444.
* Comprehensive knowledge of ATC procedures, standards maintenance and OJT training.
* Basic knowledge of aviation safety management systems.
* Ability to prepare monthly reports as and when required
* Possess excellent report writing skills
* A mature, proactive and responsible approach to work with initiative and problem solving capability.
* Ability to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff at all levels in the organisation.
* Ability to understand complex systems and possess good IT skills.
* Flexibility, excellent attention to detail, ability to identify key issues and manage an environment of regular change.
* Able to hold sensitive and confidential materials in strict confidence.
* Able to work independently under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment.
* Function as a resourceful and proactive team member.
* Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines and schedules
* Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams.
* Good judgment and decision-making skills;
* Adapt well to changing priorities.
* Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and in speaking and convey complex information in an easily understood format.
* In-depth ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Minimum 5 years civilian experience in the ratings required.
* Experience in the evaluation of student performance and subsequent delivery of relevant reports.
* Experience in a multi-cultural environment an asset.
* Middle East experiences an asset.
Additional/special features of the role
* Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
* Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
* To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
* Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
* Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.